Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
- NSPAC Coffee and Connect (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Library: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council’s monthly gathering. It’s a chance for parents/guardians to connect with other members of the community facing similar challenges. This month’s topic: The Changing Landscape of Mental Health.
- Krosslink Entrepreneurial Program (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: This free program is aimed at supporting local businesses and entrepreneurs as they jump-start their companies. For more information, contact email@example.com
Thursday, May 5, 2016
- Mary Cassatt: Thoroughly Modern Woman (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: Learn about the life and works of American painter Mary Stevenson Cassatt (1844 – 1926) during this informative, illustrated talk.
Saturday, May 7, 2016
- Southborough Gardener’s Annual Plant Sale (8:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ the Community House – intersection of Route 30 & 85: A beautiful selection of locally grown annuals, perennials, hanging planters and Mother’s Day gifts. Proceeds benefit their scholarship fund, town beautification and education. See dedicated post for details.
- NECC 5K Walk/Run (8:30 am – 2:00 pm): New England Center for Children’s 10th Annual Walk/Run for Autism Event activities are based at Neary School with the course looping around the Parkerville and Deerfoot Road area. Handicapped parking is available at Neary. Participants who don’t need the handicapped parking are encouraged to carpool and park at one of three other lots. See dedicated post for details.
- Saturday Art Workshops for Children (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Children ages 5-10 are invited to be a part of monthly Saturday Art Workshops. (Siblings allowed.) This month children will be making shaker musical instruments. Registration is not required. The workshop will be run by Bigelow Center for the Arts; Lanting Huang-Truong.
Friendship Tea for Seniors (11:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: 1st Annual Girl Scout Friendship Tea. A selection of tea, finger sandwiches, scones, treats and entertainment. With your permission, the girls will compile stories and wisdom about friendship into a collection for sharing at Southborough’s Historical Society Museum. Sign up by calling (508) 229‐4453. For details, click on flyer right.
- A Day at the Derby (12:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Warren Conference Center, 529 Chestnut Street, Ashland: A fundraiser fo KeepSmilin4Abbie.Festivities include festive food, signature cocktails, live music, Silent Auction & Raffle items, their all NEW “Spin to Win” game, Lawn Games and more. For details, see dedicated post.