Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Monday, May 16, 2016
- ARHS Softball BBQ (3:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School softball field: ARHS Softball is holding a BBQ/Cookout during this afternoon’s varsity game to raise funds for the team. Bring a folding chair or blanket (and your wallet), and come enjoy a hot dog at the ball game. They’ll also be selling burgers, sandwiches and snacks. For details, see dedicated post.
- Parenting talk: “Five to Thrive” (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School Auditorium: (Rescheduled from April 4th due to the snow.) The final presentation of the school district’s free speaker series for parents. Maria Trozzi will present “Five to Thrive”, An Enlightening Conversation About the Stresses of Parenting Young Children Today. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, May 17, 2016
- Senior Center Trailblazer’s State Park Walk (2:00 pm) @ Meet at Hopkinton State Park’s Boat House parking lot: The Trailblazers have scheduled a Walk and Talk. Rich Trubiano, the Park Superintendent will give a talk on the history of the Park and Reservoir. The talk will be about 1 hour. Activity level will be moderate. Entrance and event are both free. Sign up at the Senior Center or call (508) 229‐4453.
Wednesday, May 18, 2016
Senior Songster’s Musical Show (11:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: This year’s theme is “Senior Memories”, featuring many golden oldie songs. Enjoy the performance over a boxed lunch. Suggested Donation of $6. Sign up at the Senior Center or call (508) 229‐4453. For details, see flyer.
- Warbler Migration Bird Walk (5:00 – 6:30 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm – meet in parking lot: Open to beginning and intermediate bird watchers. Bring your binoculars and bird book and enjoy this guided walk with a staff naturalists. Birders will try and get a glimpse at some of the spectacular species migrating through the fields and forests of Southborough this month. Admission cost: Member: $5; Nonmember: $10.
Friday, May 20, 2016
- Concert for Haiti (6:00 pm) @ St. Anne’s Church Parish Hall, 25 Boston Road: 2nd annual Band Night to benefit St. Anne’s sister parish in Haiti, Camp Perrin Parish. Featuring live performances by local high school age bands and performers. For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, May 21, 2016
- Running of the Goats (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: A 5K, cross-country road race through the rolling meadow and farm fields of Chestnut Hill Farm. We’ll have starting times for series runners and casual runners as well as a Kids Fun Run Kids run with the goats! Snacks and kids activities on hand and of course a chance for your goat selfie. Advanced registration required. Admission cost: Member: $5; Nonmember: $10.