Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Wednesday, June 1, 2016
NSPAC Coffee and Connect (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Library: Northborough/Southborough Special Education Parent Advisory Council’s monthly gathering during the school year. This month is the election of officers and a chance to suggest programs for next year. (See flyer for details.)
- Nutrition for Life: summer side dishes (11:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Free cooking demonstration series in the center’s new kitchen. Karen White, a registered dietitian, teaches seniors how to eat better. At this session, Get Ready for Summer, “Join Karen to earn some quick easy but packed with nutrition side dishes! Recipes, sampling and fun! “Pre-register by calling 508-229-4453 (limited to 20 attendees)
Big Band concert for seniors (3:30 – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Trottier Middle School’s award winning Big Band will perform a free concert for Southborough seniors. The concert begins a 4:00 pm and a boxed meal will be provided. Please sign up by calling (508) 229-4453. (See flyer for details.)
- A Conversation About Islam (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: A presentation and discussion on Islam led by Shaheen Akhatar from The Islamic Center of Boston & Wayland. Shaheen is an educator, liason for the Muslim community-at-large, and founder of many interfaith book clubs.
Saturday, June 4, 2016
- Friends of the Library Book Sale (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Join The Friends of the Southborough Library for their tri-annual book sale fundraiser! Books for sale will include adult fiction and nonfiction as well as books for children of all ages. (One free book per child.) We will have DVDs & CDs for sale, too!
- Meet the Farmer (10:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Meet the farm’s manager and crew, walk the farm, and hear more about what’s growing and what will be in this year’s farm stand. If you’re lucky you might even meet a goat.
Sunday, June 5, 2016
- ARHS Graduation (2:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School