Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. Take note: Thursday afternoon, the Southborough Library and other Town buildings will be closed.
Tuesday, August 16, 2016
- Boating for Seniors (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Hopkinton State Park – limited registration. See dedicated post for details.
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to stop in to build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Mime Rob Rivest (4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: The Library will wrap up Summer Reading with comic mime Rob Rivest & “Read, Move, Laugh, and Play.” See dedicated post for details.
Wednesday, August 17, 2016
- Teen Crafternoon – mosaic trivets (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, upstairs: Please join Mandy Roberge for a crafting activity for young adults (ages 12-19). This session, teens will make mosaic trivets. Program made possible with support from The Friends of the Southborough Library.
- Pajama Story Time (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Come to the library in your pajamas to hear stories! This event will be held outside on the lawn, weather permitting, so bring a blanket. (In inclement weather, it will be held in the Children’s Room.) All welcome and no registration is necessary.
Thursday, August 18, 2016
- Southborough Library & most Town buildings will be closed (2:00 – 8:00 pm): Town buildings will be closed this afternoon and evening while Town staff take part in a training session.
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School field by the tennis courts: Featuring Blackstone Valley Bluegrass. The last of the summer’s free family friendly concert series at Neary School. (For rain date information call 508-485-0710 and press 8)
- Farm Full Moon Potluck (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Come join us as we fire up the grill and bring your favorite farm-inspired dish to share! Let’s watch the full moon rise over the farm and enjoy good food and company.