Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, August 15, 2017
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to stop in to build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Adult Coloring (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Come enjoy a stress free activity that relaxes the brain and allows your mind to get the rest it needs. Adult Coloring Books will make your life a whole lot brighter. Supplies will be provided by the Senior Center (feel free to bring your own).
Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Senior Matinee: The Shack (12:00 – 2:15 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Free movie screening for Southborough seniors. (But please pre-register) PG-13, Fantasy/Drama about a spiritual journey starring Sam Worthington and Octavia Spencer. (A tragedy sends a man into a deep depression and crisis of faith. Responding to a mysterious letter, he journeys to the shack in the wilderness. There, enigmatic strangers lead him to life changing truths.) Before the show, the center will serve lunch beginning at 11:15 (assorted finger sandwiches, dessert, and a drink) Suggested donation of $3 for lunch. Please sign up at the front desk or call (508) 229‐4453
- Pajama Storytime (6:30 – 7:15 pm) @ Southborough Library: Bring a blanket and listen to stories outside on the lawn – weather permitting. (In the case of inclement weather, story time will be held in the Children’s Room).
Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Mad Science (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: Discover “The Science of Superheroes” with this great Mad Science program. Learn about the science of flight, what makes things invisible and how superheroes walk up walls!