Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week – which is a lot.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
- Autumn Fair Volunteer Meeting (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Join Friends of the COA for “a bite to eat” and find out how you can become an Autumn Fair Volunteer. There are plenty of opportunities to help with the annual Autumn Fair which will be held on November 18th, 2017. Support the Friends, share the load, and become a member of our awesome team!
- Girl Scout registration/info night (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Mary Finn Elementary School cafeteria: If you are interested in signing up your daughter or learning morePreview about it, come to the the annual Girl Scouts registration night. This night is really for the parents. But if you do bring along your daughter, they usually have something (like coloring pages) to keep the girls occupied.
- Preview for Neary theater program – Willy Wonka Jr. (2:30 – 3:30 pm) @ Neary School gymnasium: Preview day to explain Neary’s theater program to the kids and teach the audition dance and song. No registration is necessary to attend. For details see dedicated post.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
- Woodward and Trottier School Picture Day (8:20 am – 11:20 am) @ : Annual event – class photos and individual pictures taken during school.
- Southborough K-8 schools Early Dismissal (11:20am for Neary & Trottier, 12:00 for Finn & Woodward)
- Neary Curriculum Night (5:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Neary School: Event for parents of Neary students (not the kids) 5:00-6:00: Grade 4 – Classroom presentations; Grade 5 – Visit specialists; 6:00-7:00: Grade 4 – Visit specialists; Grade 5 – Classroom presentations. (Visit specialists time is for talking to specialists and Special Ed teachers in the cafeteria and visiting the “libratory” – former library/IT room)
- ARHS Open House (6:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Northborough: Parent-Teacher Open House – Follow Student Schedule
- Tea Oasis – “Beyond Tazo & Lipton” Tasting (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: At the tea tasting you will be able to sample several distinct styles of tea, learn about tea’s many health benefits, discover tea’s fascinating history, and learn how to steep for the perfect cup. For details, see dedicated post.
- Kindergroup Kickoff Party (7:30 pm) @ Community House, 28 Main St., A chance for new and potential members to meet returning members and learn about the co-operative playgroup for 0-5 year olds and parents/caregivers (or join up for just the social group). For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, September 15, 2017
Hats for Houston @ Finn School: Finn organized fundraiser to support an elementary school in Houston. Finn students are encouraged to wear their favorite hat to school. Their families are encouraged to make a donation to support the cause. See flyer right for details.
- Assabet Stadium Ribbon Cutting (9:15 am) @ Assabet Valley Regional Technical High School, 215 Fitchburg St, Marlborough: Please join us in celebrating the grand opening of Assabet’s newly renovated athletic field and track facility.
- Algonquin Class of ’77 reunion activities @ Algonquin, followed by gathering at Tavern in the Square: Organizers inviting all classes to join them for celebrationo f ’77s 40th reunion and honoring of the ’76-77 football team. For details, see dedicated post.
- Friday Farm Dinners (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Last of this season’s monthly dinners – pre register by Tuesday. Come relax under the setting sun and enjoy a truly unique farm to table experience. Ticket price includes the full dinner, non-alcoholic beverages (beer and wine will be available for purchase), dessert, games, music and fun you can handle. For details, see dedicated post on previous farm dinner.
Sunday, September 17, 2017
- Putting for Purple (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Green Thumb, Westborough: The 4th annual fundraiser for epilepsy research, organized by a Southborough family. Donations of $10 ea buys you entrance to mini golf, facepainting, a dunk tank, and an inflatable obstacle course. To register or learn more, visit www.puttingforpurple.com. (More details to follow in a post tomorrow.)
- Free pre-season basketball clinics (for SYBA) (5:00 – 8:00 pm; time split by age) @ Trottier Middle School: Free pre-season clinic for kids registered for the for 4th-8th grade SYBA Town/Travel basketball program. (Registration is open.) For more details and to register, visit SYBA (Southborough Youth Basketball Assoc.) website.