Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, October 16, 2017
- Historical Commission, 7:00 pm @ Historical Society Museum 25 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint member to Fayville Hall Disposition Committee; updates (Historical Sign Program, Historical Society, CPC rep, National Register District, Old Burial Ground, 84 Main St, and 135 Deerfoot Rd)
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on Chestnut Meadow, Hidden Meadow Lane, and 28 Boston Road; Discussions on Ila Bella Estates extension, Stonebrook Village, Public Safety Building traffic study, Killam Farm Open Space, 135 Deerfoot Rd, 6-8 Turnpike Rd lighting, Main St reconstruction, Tree management program, Fitzgerald’s parking lot – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Public Safety Building Committee, 8:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Planning Board re Traffic Study needs – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM as part of the Planning Board meeting*
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
- Personnel Board, 8:00 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss action items for Salary Administration Plan updates at 2018 Annual Town Meeting; performance evaluations
- Board of Trustees Southborough Library, 6:00 pm @ Southborough Library, Eaton Room 25 Main St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Medical Leave discussion and vote; Library Director annual review; Assistant Library Director update; Municipal Technology Committee member appointment
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearing on utility pole location on Middle Road; Tax Classification hearing; Municipal Aggregation (Electricity) Update; Interviews and/or appointments for Town boards and committees: ZBA alternate (no more interviews), Fayville Disposition, Recreation Commission, Economic Development Committee, and Golf Course Conservation Restriction Committee; Continued discussion of Notice of lntent to Sell for 135 Deerfoot Road parcel – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Board of Assessors, 6:30 pm @ Southborough Town House, Assessor’s Office, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review written comments by citizens on Tax Classification; move to Hearing Room for joint meeting with Board of Selectmen, Annual tax classification hearing
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
- Southborough Trails Committee, 5:30 pm @ Stonybrook Road/Rt. 30 Intersection (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Scout Project Updates; MetroWest LandLine Kickoff project to create a continuous bike and walking trail network through MetroWest
- Southborough Housing Authority, 6:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens 49 Boston Rd (agenda)
- Northborough – Southborough Regional School Committee, 7:00 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library 79 Bartlett Street Northborough, MA 01532 United States See map: Google Maps (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Class size ratios – Broadcast live by NCAT**
- Recreation Commission, 7:30 pm @ Recreation Office, South Union Building 21 Highland Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: 5 yr Recreation Facitilities Planning
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the Planning Board and Board of Selectmen meetings live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
**Northborough Cable Access Television will live broadcast the meeting on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. (Note: The meeting will eventually be rebroadcast. But expect to wait several days before a time and link are posted to NCAT’s schedule.)
Updated (10/17/17 12:09 pm): The BOS Agenda includes a “consent agenda” item I had missed, appointment of Michael Robbins to the Zoning Board of a Appeals as an Alternate Member. Presumably, this means no other applications were received for the vacancy.