Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. All these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, February 5, 2018
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discussions on Chestnut Meadows subdivision covenant, Washington & Coslin St road acceptance, potential project at 25 Park St, Notice of decisions status for 28 Boston Rd (Sameron Village), 55+ bylaw – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Golf Course Conservation Restriction Committee, 7:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Plan CR final review process
Tuesday, February 6, 2018
- Personnel Board , 8:00 AM @ Southborough Library, Eaton Room, 25 Main St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve SAP changes for Annual Town Meeting, Approve Asst. Library Director description & grade, request to add position of Asst Deputy Assessor to SAP, approve grade & comp adjustment policy, performance reviews
- Board of Assessors , 9:00 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda)
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (updated agenda, materials packet) Agenda Highlights: Updates by Metropolitan Area Planning Council and Town’s Council on Aging; Golf Committee on CPC application for course improvements; FY19 Budget Recommendation; closing of Town Meeting Warrant; discuss process for renaming of St. Mark’s Golf Course – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Advisory Committee, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with BOS on budget – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM under the BOS meeting*
- Council on Aging, 6:45 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation to BOS – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM under the BOS meeting*
- Youth Commission, 7:00 pm @ Fayville Village Hall, Conference Rm, 42 Central St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Budget updates, relocation to South Union building
Wednesday, February 7, 2018
- Neary Elementary School Council, 3:00 pm @ Neary School Library, 53 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School improvement plan presentation preview
- Southborough Trails Committee, 6:30 pm @ Historical Society Museum, 25 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Trail website migration, Scout projects, need for Borough’s Loop rep, and Peninsula Trail update
Thursday, February 8, 2018
- Southborough Cultural Arts Council, 7:00 pm @ Expressions Art Bar, 162 Cordaville Road, #182 (agenda) Agenda Highlights: All are invited to attend this gathering and celebration of 2018 grantees. RSVP to Director@SouthboroughArts.org so council can plan accordingly.
Friday, February 9, 2018
- Economic Development Committee, 7:45 AM @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: ULI/TAP update; Budget, FY18 priorities
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the Planning Board and BOS meetings live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)