Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Monday, March 19, 2018
- Woodward Principal’s Coffee – MCAS (6:00 pm) @ Woodward Cafeteria: This session of the Woodward Principal’s Coffee for parents will focus on an informational discussion on MCAS testing for Grade 3 at Woodward with Mr. Mucci and third grade teacher Allison Garand.
Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Knitting Club (Senior Center Program) (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Monthly meeting of the knitting/crocheting club hosted by the Senior Center. Drop in to join them.
- Technology Day (Senior Center Program) (2:30 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Algonquin students will offer technology assistance.These eager students will answer all of your questions about cellphones, iPads, Laptops, e-readers and more. Please write your questions down ahead of time, so that everything can be answered. Work with a student from ARHS and get your technology problems resolved!
- Trottier Band & Orchestra Concert (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Rd: Concert at Trottier: 7th & 8th Grade Band, 6th Grade Band, Orchestra, Stage Band and Big Band
Wednesday, March 21, 2018
- Exciting Womens Circle (Senior Center Program) (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: A social group for women with semi-monthly meetings at the Senior Center. New members always welcome. This session, Ryan Donovan, Library Director will join them to give updates on what is new, what is available, and to answer questions.
- Elder Law 101 (Senior Center Program) (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Presentation by an attorney from Mirick O’Connell Learn how the new Massachusetts CARE Act, changes to the federal tax code, the tightening of MassHealth regulations, and other changes in the law might affect you, while also getting a refresher on the basics of wills, trusts, probate avoidance and asset protection. Refreshments.
- Art on the Trails – Artist Site Walk (5:30 pm) @ Beals Preserve: This event is a guided tour of Beals Preserve for artists interested in submitting proposals to the juried exhibit Art on the Trails: Unexpected Gestures. The exhibition will be installed in Beals Preserve for public display from June 14 – September 23. For details see dedicated post.
- Trottier Select Chorus “Night of Song” (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School auditorium: Concert by the school’s “Select Chorus”
- Author Night: Meredith O’Brien (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: The resident author and journalist will talk about her book “Mr. Clark’s Big Band: A Year of Laughter, Tears, and Jazz in a Middle School Band Room.” For details see dedicated post.
Thursday, March 22, 2018
- Friends of the Library Chateau Fundraiser (11:30 am – 9:00 pm) @ The Chateau, 95 Turnpike Rd, Westborough: The Chateau in Westborough is hosting a fundraiser for The Friends of the Southborough Library. 20% of lunch or dinner (take out or in-restaurant) will be donated to nonprofit – as long as you show them the coupon. Bring in a printed out coupon or pull a picture up on your phone. For details see dedicated post.
- ARHS Best Buddies Inclusion Coffee House (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School auditorium, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: A show to celebrate and showcase the abilities of members of our community. Donations at the door and for refreshments will raise funds. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, March 23, 2018
- SEF’s Family Feud (5:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Trottier Middle School auditorium: Our first annual SEF Family Feud, pits the staff of Southborough’s great Finn and Woodward Elementary Schools against each other for a night of heated competition, cheering, and fun! Tickets are $8 per person. For details see dedicated post.
Saturday, March 24, 2018
- MICCA Festival (7th & 8th graders) @ Hopkinton High School: Massachusetts Instrumental and Choral Conductors Association Festival – Trottier Middle School participation, 7th & 8th Grade Orchestra performs at 8:30 am, 7th & 8th Grade Band performs at 4:00 pm.
- Poetry Writing (2:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: Each Saturday session will focus on specific techniques accompanied by real-time writing prompts. For more info, contact Heather J. MacPherson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, March 25, 2018
- MICCA Festival (6th graders) @ King Phillip Regional High School: Massachusetts Instrumental and Choral Conductors Association Festival – Trottier Middle School participation, 6th Grade Band performs at 1:00 pm, 6th Grade Orchestra performs at 3:00 pm.