Last year, Fay School previewed the Farmer’s Market with an opening day in May (later launched as a weekly series in the fall). This spring, the school is holding another one-off special market the day before Mother’s Day.
The Saturday morning Farmers Markets will run from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. If you aren’t familiar with the market, it is hosted by the school but open to the community:
The market is open to all and will feature local produce, prepared food, and handmade goods by local vendors and Fay School faculty and staff. Join us, and bring your neighbors, as we celebrate our local farmers, delicious food, and a sustainable community!
For this session:
There will be a special Mother’s Day craft for children, games, and musical performances by Fay students and faculty members.
The event is being held in Harlow Circle at Fay School (in front of the Primary School), 25 Middle Road.
More than a dozen local vendors are signed up this fall. Offerings include ceramics, baked goods, jewelry, accessories, local foods, art, and more.
Here is their list of booked vendors for this Saturday:
- Harrisville Pottery – handmade ceramic bowls, mugs, and artifacts
- Katia Pechonis – lamb wool products and goats milk soaps
- Yummy Mummy Bakery – brownies, cookies, bars, cake pops, cupcakes, and more all made from scratch
- La Maison a Gateaux – organic French cakes and crepes
- Ukneek knits – handknit accessories and wearables made from finest yarns
- Doris’ Peruvian Pastries – various pastries including alfajores, rosquitas, macaroons, elephant ears, strawberry puffs, and milhojas
- True Happiness Designs Jewelry – handcrafted silver and gemstone jewelry
- Angel Hair Alpacas – hats, scarfs, socks, and other alpaca fiber products that are handmade
- Chestnut Hill Farm – mixed vegetables, transplants, honey, and tomato puree
- Baypath Humane Society of Hopkinton – information about pet adoption and possibly some dogs to adopt
- Laurie Blanchard ‘s Art – cards, rock painting, and paintings
(Anyone interested in becoming a vendor can click here for info.)