Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include most ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Monday, August 13, 2018
- CareGivers Support Group (10:30 – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Monthly group for those caring for a loved one with dementia. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Adult Coloring (Senior Center Program) (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ The Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd: Come enjoy a stress free activity that relaxes the brain and allows your mind to get the rest it needs. Adult Coloring Books will make your life a whole lot brighter. All supplies will be supplied by the senior center.
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: Bring in five copies of your original poetry and distribute them to the group. The group will provide supportive feedback. For more details, see flyer.
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Algonquin Cross Country Summer Series (6:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School athletic fields: Algonquin Cross Country is inviting runners of all ages and abilities to come together and share a love of running. This session features a 2 Person 4 Mile Relay. For more details see dedicated post.
- Pajama Storytime (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Bring a blanket and listen to stories outside on the lawn – weather permitting. (In the case of inclement weather, story time will be held in the Children’s Room).
Thursday, August 16, 2018
- Flea Circus (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: The Library is wrapping up Summer Reading with some laughter and magic with magician Ed Popielarczyk and his Flea Circus. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, August 17, 2018
- Drop-In Scratch Coding Club (2:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Book Sale Room: Children entering grades 2-5 are invited to learn how to code with Scratch using guided tutorials. Students already proficient in Scratch are welcome to work on personal projects. No registration required. For details, see this dedicated post on past Club events.
Saturday, August 18
- Playground Grand Opening (2:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Fayville Memorial Playground, Central Street: The celebration of the newly rebuild playground at Fayville Memorial Park. The event will thank patrons who helped fund additional equipment beyond the Town’s budget. Family fun will include face painting, music, food trucks, and Girl Scouts selling treats. For details, see dedicated post. Rain Date: Sunday, August 19th