VIDEO of T-Hawk pride at field hockey 🏑 tryouts! pic.twitter.com/596Nci9ss5
— Daniel Welty (@weltyverse) August 23, 2018
Unlike some other area Towns, Northborough and Southborough Schools started on schedule today. (That is, on calendar-schedule. Let’s not get into the bus schedule!)
That means that Algonquin pre-season fall sports kick off today. While the heat didn’t interfere with academics – it did cause cancellation of one varsity scrimmage. Fortunately, between indoor facilities and a forecast cooldown coming, other scrimmages are still on.
Friday night, T-Hawks Football team will take Franklin’s field. The team is already getting press. Click here to read Southborough Wicked Local’s coverage of last year’s struggles and the coach’s plans for this season.
(If you’re an Assabet fan, you can read the Telegram’s coverage of Aztec Football here.)
But football isn’t the only game in town. You can also catch some volleyball, soccer, and field hockey scrimmages.
Now, here’s what’s on tap for this week in varsity sports:
Wednesday, August 29, 2018
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Girls Volleyball Scrimmage vs. Milford @ Algonquin
Thursday, August 30, 2018
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Boys Soccer Scrimmage vs. Franklin, Ludlow @ Algonquin
- 4:30 pm – ARHS Girls Soccer Scrimmage vs. Lincoln-Sudbury Regional @ Algonquin
Friday, August 31, 2018
- 3:30 pm – ARHS Field Hockey Scrimmage vs. Franklin @ Franklin High School
- 6:00 pm – ARHS Football Scrimmage vs. Franklin @ Franklin High School
Saturday, September 1, 2018
- 9:00 am – ARHS Girls Soccer Scrimmage vs. Minnechaug Regional @ Minnechaug Reg
- 9:00 am – ARHS Boys Soccer Scrimmage vs. Worcester Academy @ Worcester Academy (Jamboree)
Have a photo of your favorite team in action to share? Email email@example.com.