Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, November 20, 2018
- Focus group for Superintendent search (9:30 am – 11:00 am) @ Northborough Library, 34 Main St, Northborough: Running up to the search for a new Superintendent, school committees are holding focus groups. This is the final one for parents and community members. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
- K-12 early dismissal : Thanksgiving break for public schools begins with early dismissal today. School resumes on Monday.
- Algonquin’s Thanksgiving Day Football Game (5:00 pm) @ Westborough High School: The Tomahawk’s traditional face off with local rivals – Westborough High has been moved up to Thanksgiving eve thanks to forecast low temps. $10/ticket at the game.
Thursday, November 22, 2018
- Gobble Wobble – 12th Annual (8:30 am – 10:00 am) @ Trottier Middle School: Fundraiser for Friends of Southborough Recreation. Certified 5k Road Race and 2 mile Family Walk begins at 8:30. Free Kids’ Fun Run at 9:30 am grouped by 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11. Register online in advance (or day of beginning at 7:00 am.) For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, November 25, 2018
- Organ Recital and repair fundraiser (3:30 pm) @ St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, 27 Main St: Fundraiser to offset the cost of repairs to the church’s historic organ. Recital featuring Organist and Choirmaster, James Wallace. It will be followed by a wine and hors d’oeuvres reception in the parish hall. Admission is by a minimum donation of $10/student, $20/person, $50/family at the door. Stay tuned for more details.
Updated (11/20/18 3:47 pm): The football game has been moved up to Thanksgiving eve thanks to forecast low temps.