Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, May 14, 2019
- Town Election (6:30 am – 8:00 pm) @ P. Brent Trottier Middle School, 49 Parkerville Rd: The annual election. This year that includes a contest for two Selectmen seats. For more details, see Town website and blog coverage.
- 6th-8th Grade Book Group (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: The monthly book discussion group is run by Young Adult Librarian Aileen Sanchez. They will be discussing a book selected the previous month. This is the last meeting of the school year. If you are interested in joining the group for this month or the fall, contact Aileen at 508-485-5031 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- ARHS’ Spring Art Show Opening Reception (5:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: Come and view the work, chat with the artists and enjoy a light snack. For details, see dedicated post.
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: At the semi-monthly sessions, Everyone is asked to bring in five copies of their original poetry for supportive feedback. If you don’t have a poem, come and share your insights. The group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
Wednesday, May 15, 2019
- Free Senior Matinee (1:00 – 3:10 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Free screening for seniors of Oscar winning Best Picture, “Green Book”. Rated PG13, Length: 2 hours and 10 Minutes”. Please sign up at the front desk or call (508) 229-4453. Snacks will be provided.
- Teen Brains & Emotions (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: “It’s Complicated!” – Join Kerrie Toole of Castlebrook Counseling Services for a presentation about adolescent self-harm, suicide, and coping strategies for young people. Part of Mental Health Awareness Month via Southborough Youth and Family Services. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, May 16, 2019
- Corsage & Boutonniere Creations! Prom Perfect Workshop (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Room: Join us for a creative session of corsage and boutonniere making! Create one for yourself or that special prom date! This is part of the teen DIY “Prom Perfect Workshop” events. At this event, enter for a chance to win a prom package from Mocine Salon & Spa. The winner’s name will be drawn at the program on May 16. Sponsored by The Friends of the Southborough Library. Space is limited. Click here to register.
- Southborough Genealogy Club (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: This is an informal group meeting where you can learn and share tips about resources for researching family history. This monthly event is free and open to the public. Bring your laptop, log into Ancestry.com, and join in! If you have questions, contact email@example.com.
- Spring Improv Show (8:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Black Box Small Performance Theater, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: The school’s improv group is holding its spring show “Seasonal Allergies”. Tickets sold at the door – $5 per student and $10 per adult (For details, see flyer right)
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Trottier Theater Performance (7:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School Auditorium: Trottier Middle School students will perform in “Trouble in Paradise Junction”.
- Spring Improv Show (8:00 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School, Black Box Small Performance Theater, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough: The school’s improv group is holding its spring show “Seasonal Allergies”. Tickets sold at the door – $5 per student and $10 per adult (For details, see flyer above right)
Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Trottier Theater Performance (3:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School Auditorium: Trottier Middle School students will perform in “Trouble in Paradise Junction”.
- ARHS Junior Prom (7:00 – 11:00 pm) @ Union Station: Algonquin’s Junior Prom
Sunday, May 19, 2019
- ARHS Post Prom Party (12:00 am – 5:00 am) @ check in at Algonquin: Check in for the Algonquin Post Prom party starts Saturday at 11:30 pm at Algonquin. The free event is provided to give juniors and prom guests a safe, fun-filled evening. For details, visit APTO’s dedicated page.