Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.
Plus, for daily ongoing activities/resources and summer camps, check out my what-to-do-with-kids-this-summer series and my summer-fun-for-adults posts.]
Tuesday, August 6, 2019
- Advanced Tai Chi (9:45 am – 11:00 am) @ Southborough Library: Advanced Tai Chi class participants from the Southborough Senior Center will be meeting at the library bi-weekly over the summer. Want to practice your poses? Or make new friends? Fellow experienced Tai Chi participants are welcome to come check it out.
- Drop in Science Fun (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, Children’s Room: As part of Summer Reading “A Universe of Stories” please drop in with kids for fun outer space theme science. Open to all ages and no registration required. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Sunset Playdates (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Fay School’s Primary School playground: Enjoy live music by local children’s musicians and an after-dinner popsicle! Designed for children 8 and under. It is free to attend, but registration is required. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, August 7, 2019
- Senior Liaison for US Congress Rep Office Hour (9:30 – 10:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Join Jay Higgins, Senior Issue Liaison for US Congresswoman Katherine Clark, to discuss senior benefits or policy matters If you have any questions or concerns, please come and address them with Mr. Higgins. A light breakfast will be served.
- Alien Cookie Decorating (3:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Registration is required. Patrons ages 10+. For details, see dedicated post.
- Algonquin Cross Country Summer Series (6:00 – 6:00 pm) @ @ Algonquin Regional High School athletic fields: ARHS Cross Country is encouraging the community to share a love of running through the weekly summer series. For details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: Free family friendly concerts at Neary School field by the tennis courts. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs. Headliner Slo Grass. For details on series, see dedicated post. (Stay tuned for more details on this week’s concert.)
Thursday, August 8, 2019
- Bay Circuit Trail (9:30 am) @ Meet at the Senior Center to carpool: Seniors will hike about 2 miles on the Bay Circuit Trail, the north section. For details, see dedicated post.
- Outdoor Story Time (4:00 – 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Library back lawn: Bring a blanket and a snack and join us on the lawn for story time! No registration is required and open to all ages. (In cases of inclement weather, story time will be held indoors.)
- Sunset Yoga (7:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm, Chestnut Hill Road: Chestnut Hill Farm, Chestnut Hill Road: $9 per TTOR member or $15 per non-member. For details and to register, click here.
- BBC Discussion Series (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: The Southborough Library is organizing a bi-weekly discussion series that revolves around BBC television series. The historical backdrop of the series will be part of the lively discussions of how these productions have provided a window into the lives of the ‘commoner’ to the crowned heads of each era. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, August 9, 2019
- Teen Cookbook Club (2:00 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Try our new new Teen Cookbook Club for ages 12 and up. Summer Theme: Smoothies! Attendees get to create and enjoy their own smoothies. Supplies, ingredients and recipes will be provided. For details, see dedicated post.