Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.
Plus, for daily ongoing activities/resources and summer camps, check out my what-to-do-with-kids-this-summer series and my summer-fun-for-adults posts.]
Tuesday, August 13, 2019
- Book Bugs: Farm Fun for Little Ones (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Chestnut Hill Farm, Chestnut Hill Road: Bring your little bug (ages 1-5) to the farm each month for an interactive children’s story time. We’ll read a farm story, make a craft, have a snack, and explore the farm! (There is a registration fee.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Drop in Art (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, Children’s Room: As part of Summer Reading “A Universe of Stories” please drop in with kids for fun outer space themed crafts. Open to all ages and no registration required. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: At the semi-monthly sessions, Everyone is asked to bring in five copies of their original poetry for supportive feedback. If you don’t have a poem, come and share your insights. The group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
Wednesday, August 14, 2019
- Crafternoon: Sewing 101 (3:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: One of the Library’s series of crafternoons led by Mandy Roberge. Limited to 15 participants, so registration is required This session is for ages 13+. This workshop focuses on learning the basics of sewing and then invites participants to work on one hand-sewing project and one machine project. Sponsored by The Friends of the Southborough Library. For details, see dedicated post.
- Outdoor Story Time (4:00 – 4:45 pm) @ Southborough Library back lawn: Bring a blanket and a snack and join us on the lawn for story time! No registration is required and open to all ages. (In cases of inclement weather, story time will be held indoors.)
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: Free family friendly concerts at Neary School field by the tennis courts. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs. Headliner Slo Grass. For details, see dedicated post.
- Algonquin Cross Country Summer Series (6:00 pm) @ @ Algonquin Regional High School athletic fields: ARHS Cross Country is encouraging the community to share a love of running through the weekly summer series. For details, see dedicated post.
- Cookbook Club (6:30 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: This month, participants will cook recipes from Milk Bar Life or Momofuku Milk Bar and bring in the results to share. To avoid overlap, email your selection to email@example.com. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, August 15, 2019
- Comedy Magic Show (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: Last summer Ed Popielarczyk cracked kids up over his “flea circus”. This year, its back to his roots with some a Comedy Magic show which will keep the whole family entertained. (sponsored by the Friends of the Southborough Library). For details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Genealogy Club (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: This is an informal group meeting where you can learn and share tips about resources for researching family history. This monthly event is free and open to the public. Bring your laptop, log into Ancestry.com, and join in! If you have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, August 16, 2019
- Farm-to-Table Dinner (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm, Chestnut HIll Road: Enjoy a lovely al fresco dinner at Chestnut Hill Farm! Advance reservations are required and registration closes three days before each dinner, but tend to sell out in advance. The farm-to-table experience features a menu full of fresh vegetables, fruits, pasture-raised meats, and more. For details, see dedicated post.
Updated (8/13/19 4:49 pm): The Wednesday night concert, rescheduled from last week, was accidentally omitted.