Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless otherwise noted, all of these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- Southborough School Committee – Capital Planning Subcommittee, 5:00 pm @ Office of the Superintendent, Conference Room, 53 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of FY21 Capital Plan
- Board of Selectmen, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Local Meals Tax discussion with Advisory; Council on Aging update on programs & Senior Center improvements; Evaluation of Town Counsel SME designation; approval of SME designation list; and discuss PILOT meetings with private schools*
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with BOS on Local Meals Tax discussion*
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Public Safety Building, Public Meeting Room, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review FY21 budgets for Facilities Dept and IT; Review preliminary FY20 budget; Discuss free cash and impact on bond rating
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Recreation Building, South Union Building, 21 Highland St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: CPC Application updates; Discuss and vote to hire Part Time RAP instructors; Review Advisory’s questions
- Southborough Arts Council Meeting, 8:30 pm @ South Union Building, Exhibit Room 1, 21 Highland St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Grants – First Look and Process
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 9:30 am @ Recreation Office Conference Room, 21 Highland St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Minute Project update; Native Pollinator/Plant initiative; Master Plan Visioning planning and update; OSRP status; Chapter 61 process; National Wildlife Federation Wildlife Habitat Community Certification
- NSPAC Meeting, 10:00 am @ Southborough Library, 25 Main St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Special needs estate planning
Thursday, November 7, 2019
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Trottier Middle School Cafeteria, 49 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Set up and Hosting Community Visioning Forum
Friday, November 8, 2019
- Public Safety Building Committee Meeting, 8:00 am @ Public Safety Building, Public Meeting Room, 32 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on room naming process and driveway; Perimiter fence request from chiefs; request from Latisquama Rd resident; Sidewalk proposal by resident
*Southborough Access Media hasn’t posted yet that it will broadcast the BOS meeting. But, I won’t be surprised if they cover it live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. I’m reaching out to get clarity, and will update this later. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)
Hi Beth, the Master Plan Committee’s poster has 6:30 as the start time for the meeting at Trottier on Thursday, but it’s posted as 6:00 above. Typo?
The above listing is of public meeting agendas. While the event is planned to begin at 6:30 pm, the agenda notes that they will begin set up at 6:00 pm. I assume they are looking to avoid issues of a violation based on having a quorum congregate in advance to prepare.
READ MY LIPS. NO NEW TAXES.
Agree with Honest Abe: No new taxes. Including the proposed meals tax.
And stop spending, BOS, Board of Spending