Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless otherwise noted, all of these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
- Public Safety Building Naming Sub-Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Public Safety Building, Public Meeting Room, 32 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Elect Chair and Clerk; Criteria for each space subject to naming request; review nominations; next steps/potential vote on names to send to selectmen
- Southborough Stewardship Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Country Kitchen, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updating the management plan, priority and ongoing projects; Plans with Twin Pine; review list of potential Town Forest projects; Bark Ranger
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:45 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approval of SHOPC recommendation to award contract for Housing Plan update and approval of Executive Session Minutes
- Affordable Housing Trust Fund Committee Meeting, 6:55 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Approve minutes
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ South Union Building, 21 Highland Street (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Board positions discussion; Contracted Services funding to pay for clinical supervision forDirector; requests for funding from Friends of SYC for pre-Holiday Giving Program gift cards and an employee to look after FSYC accounts
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Room A&B, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Application reviews for St. Mark’s Church and Recreation; Golf Course update; Draft FY21 budget
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Personnel Board Meeting, 8:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: notification of new hires; Town Clerk request for promotional pay raise for Admin Asst; Probationary employee status; Quadrennial Review/ Salary Survey in light of MEPA; Annual adjustment FY21; Employee performance evals & raises; Tuition reimbursement policy
- Finn School Council Meeting, 3:15 pm @ Mart E. Finn Elementary School, Office Conference Room, 60 Richards Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of current School Improvement Plan
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library, 49 Parkerville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates/presentations on Woodward School Improvement Plan, MCAS, K-8 English Language Learners; FY21 Budget priorities; First reading of policy on Bullying Prevention and Intervention – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Hearings on repair of connection road on St. Mark’s western campus, St. Mark’s new dorm construction, and Park Central development; OSRP Goals discussion
- Southborough Trails Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Recreation Office, South Union Building, 21 Highland St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Peninsula Trail status update/Boroughs Loop Trail; Next steps to prepare for 2020 Mass Trails Grant; Scout Project updates; Adopt-a-trail program recruitment
*Southborough Access Media will record the School Committee Meeting for later broadcast on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel.)