Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Monday, November 25, 2019
- Making the Last Year of Your Life as Good as it Can Be (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Senior Center program presented by elder law attorney Arthur Bergeron and his guests, including a geriatric care manager and other professionals in your area. Refreshments sponsored by Mirick O’Connell. For details, see dedicated post.
- Board of Health’s Flu Clinic (2:00 – 3:30 pm) @ Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Road: Flu Clinic run by the Board of Health. During this time session, vaccines are available for anyone aged 12+. Please bring your insurance cards and wear short sleeves. Seniors ages 65+ are eligible to receive a High Dose Flu Vaccine.
- Gonk Knocks Football Night (6:30 – 10:00 pm) @ Apex Entertainment, 21 Apex Dr, Marlborough: A football themed night of fun at Apex to support two causes Algonquin Football Boosters and the Doug Flutie Jr Foundation for Autism. The $25/$35 tickets will cover bowling, billiards, arcade games, and more. There will also be a raffle and auction to raise additional funds. For details, see dedicated post.
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Level: At the semi-monthly sessions, Everyone is asked to bring in five copies of their original poetry for supportive feedback. If you don’t have a poem, come and share your insights. The group meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday of every month.
- Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service (7:00 pm) @ St. Matthew Catholic Church, 26 Highland St: United Parishes of Southborough’s annual Ecumenical Service. Members of the community, family and friends are welcome to attend for Thanksgiving prayer. The service will be followed by refreshments in the parish hall.
Wednesday, November 27, 2019
- Schools Early Release – Thanksgiving Recess (11:20 am – 11:20 am): Southborough and Northborough public schools all begin the Thanksgiving break with an early dismissal. ARHS gets out at 10:36 am, Neary and Trottier at 11:20 am, and Finn and Woodward at noon.
- Gobble Wobble – pre-reg pickup (2:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School Gym: Pre-reg Pick up for the annual Thanksgiving Day fundraiser For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, November 28, 2019
- No School – Thanksgiving Recess (12:00 am – 12:00 am) @ : Due to the holiday break, No school in K-12 Northborough-Southborough public schools
- Gobble Wobble – 13th Annual 5K (8:30 am – 10:00 am) @ Trottier Middle School: Fundraiser for Friends of Southborough Recreation Certified 5k Road Race (8:30 start) 2 mile Family Walk (8:30 start) Free Kids’ Fun Run (9:30 start) Grouped by 3-5, 6-8 and 9-11. Each level has an appropriate distance to run on the track. Register online in advance (or day of beginning at 7:00 am.) For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, November 30, 2019
- Holiday House Ideas Tour (10:00 am – 4:00 pm): The fundraiser for Southborough Historical Society featuring homes that “dressed to the nines for the holidays, providing you with plenty of inspiration”, the recently completed chapel at the Burnett House, live demonstrations, and refreshments at the decorated Historical Museum. For details, see dedicated post.