Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
- Knitting Club (Senior Center Program) (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ The Southborough Senior Center, 9 Cordaville Rd: Come join a wonderful group of ladies working on their own creations. Stop by for a cup of coffee/tea and visit with the group or join right in! For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453
- Crafternoon: Creative Pillowcases (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: One of the Library’s series of crafternoons led by Mandy Roberge. Limited to 15 participants, so registration is required. This workshop is a fun multi-generational craft experience for ages 8+. For details, see dedicated post.
Wednesday, January 8, 2020
- Exciting Women’s Circle (Senior Center Program) (11:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: A social group for women through the Senior Center. New members always welcome. The group meets monthly, usually at the Senior Center with occasional field trips. This session: take part in a Yankee Swap
Thursday, January 9, 2020
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, Eaton Room: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. This activity is recommended for children ages 4 and up. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Rebecca Watters presentation (7:00 pm) @ Southborough Library main level: Southborough Open Land Foundation is sponsoring a special presentation by Rebecca Watters about a 350 mile cross country ski trek through the Altai Mountains of Mongolia in search of evidence of wolverines and other wildlife. Rebecca will also talk about wolverine/wildlife research in the United States. (All are welcome, no registration required.) For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, January 11, 2020
- Saturdays at Fay – Jeannie Mack’s Winter Songfest (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Fay School’s Primary School at 23 Middle Road: This month’s program will feature children’s musician and storyteller Jeannie Mack. Come sing, clap along, and act out songs. Have fun telling winter stories using your fingers and hands, and enjoy some specially featured songs about snow. For details, see dedicated post.
- Drop-In Saturday Art (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Join us for some fun family Saturday crafts! This drop-in activity is Gian Panda Clay Art! Recommended for ages 5-10, siblings welcome. No registration required.This program is sponsored by the Friend of the Library.
- Read to Furry Animals (10:30 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Kids in grades K-3 can sign up to read to dogs at the library. For details, see dedicated post.
- Peace Vigil (3:00 pm) @ St. Mark’s Field on corner of Rtes 30 & 85: 2nd annual “non-political” event, to pray for peace and unity. For details, see dedicated post.
Updated (1/10/20 8:48 am): I inserted the Peace Vigil that was announced for this weekend.