As weekly churchgoers know, a state order in March closed down church services through at least May 4th. I checked in to see how churches are reaching parishioners and handling Easter services.
[Editor’s Note: Reminder, although Hopkinton State Park is open for visitors, the United Parishes of Southborough won’t hold its annual sunrise service there this Easter.]
Pilgrim Church is posting virtual services through streamable audio recordings each Sunday services each week here. Easter Sunday services will be posted that day.
It is also using Facebook to communicate with its congregation. (Including a bit of humor. See example right.)
St Anne’s Church
St. Anne’s has been streaming Sunday services online. (See website for details.) For Holy Week, they will also stream the following special services:
- Good Friday (Passion of the Lord) Liturgy will be held on April 10 at 7:30 p.m. in our parish. The Stations of the Cross will be live streamed at 3:00 p.m.
- Easter Vigil on April 11 at 7:30 p.m. will be celebrated. There will not be the blessing of fire or the procession. The Liturgy will begin with the lighting of the Paschal Candle in the sanctuary.
- EASTER MASS will be celebrated on April 12 at 10:30 a.m.
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church
The Church is posting bulletins and readings related to services on its Virtual St. Mark’s page. It’s also posting the streams there and includes info on zoom meetings. For Easter, the church will stream morning prayer at 9:45 am.
On Facebook, the church has been posting regular PJ Prayers storytimes with Father Phil.
St. Matthew’s Church
Father Flynn will use his Facebook account (James B. Flynn) to live stream the following services for Palm Sunday and Holy Week
- Good Friday, Stations of the Cross at 3:00pm; Liturgy of the Passion at 7:00pm
- Easter Sunday, Mass of Resurrection at 10:00am.
The church is sharing how to stream services by the Worcester Diocese and from the Vatican on its website.
Other Churches in town
- First Community Church and hasn’t gotten back to me yet and didn’t post information on their website.
- The Chinese Gospel Church didn’t have information specific to Holy Week activities posted but did its regular schedule and links to videos here.
- JFM Southborough Church hasn’t posted online service details.