Tomorrow is the day that the community is usually invited to Kindergroup’s annual Egg Hunt with the Easter Bunny. Obviously, that couldn’t take place this year. To make up for it, the Fire and Police Dept are bringing in the Easter Bunny to greet the community and Kindergroup is coordinating a socially distant egg hunt.
In other fun, residents are encouraged to order pizza and use the boxes in an online art contest.
[Editor’s Note: For information on Easter Services through town churches this weekend, see dedicated post.]
Every day this week:
- Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt: Since April 4th, the community has been encouraged to hang eggs outside their houses and go on a scavenger hunt through town. The hunt is through Easter Sunday. The contest is through its private Facebook Group – Southborough Community Outreach sponsored by Kindergroup. People who join the page are encouraged to post photos of the fun. For details, see dedicated post.
- Cover Southborough in Kindness: This week, Neary School is inviting everyone to join in their Neary Kindness week activities. Activities suggested are painting Kindness Rocks to place for others to find, hanging an uplifting message in the window, or writing one on your driveway. For details, see dedicated post.
- Painted Rock Scavenger Hunt (11:00 am – 8:00 pm): All month, the public is encouraged to paint a rock and leave it on a Southborough trail. Then continue exploring trails to find rocks left by others. The invitation was issued by Southborough Community Outreach sponsored by Kindergroup. For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, April 11, 2020
- Easter Bunny riding through town (9:30 – 10:30 am) @ in some Southborough neighborhoods: The Southborough Fire Department will be driving the Easter Bunny through various neighborhoods in town. Look for him if you see a fire truck with flashing lights and horns honking. For details, see dedicated post.
- Easter Bunny waving to visitors (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ In front of Public Safety Building, 32 Cordaville Road: The Easter Bunny will be in front of the building to wave to anyone who wishes to make a contactless, drive by visit. (Visitors are asked to stay in their cars. Please proceed through the main entrance of the Public Safety building, drive slowly, and exit out through the Woodward School driveway.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Community Pizza Box contest (11:00 am – 8:00 pm) @ Facebook: Order a pizza from one of our local pizza places and then decorate the box! To enter a contest for a prize, post a picture of the box on the private Facebook Group – Southborough Community Outreach sponsored by Kindergroup (Note: Entering the contest requires joining the FB group in advance, which does require a Facebook account.) Below are a few interesting ideas I found online for making the most of pizza boxes – making an art box to hold kids’ crafts, a racetrack, and a puppet theater.)