Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. *
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.**
Monday, May 11, 2020
- Youth Commission Meeting, 1:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Programs/Services Updates; Budget Discussion FY20-21
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review capital plans for Transfer Station and DPW; Review FY21 capital requests – recommendations for ATM, fall special and deferrals; discussions of Ambulance Fund and Recreation Fund; Public Comment
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
- Scholarship Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review scholarship applications
Wednesday, May 13, 2020
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 3:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review status of FY21 budget including unresolved issues and new potential budgets; Public Comment
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Vote to Amend FY21 Budget; School Choice Vote; Ratification of Agreement with Southborough Teachers Association; Finn School Improvement Plan; Audience Sharing – Available via pre-registered Webinar**
Thursday, May 14, 2020
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Fund Meeting, 8:00 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss any funding for the Southborough Community Fund
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.
**This week’s School Committee Meeting will be available by pre-registering for a Webinar (beginning after the Executive Session, approx. 6:45 pm) – Register in advance here to join the session.