Today, the Town Administrator issued a press release on the updated status of Town services. It outlines which buildings are opening (most by appointment only) or remaining closed, and other important details.
Here is the first section of the 3-page release:
On Thursday July 2, 2020, Governor Baker announced that the Commonwealth of Massachusetts was entering Phase 3 of the State of Emergency on July 6, 2020. The Town’s Re-Entry Working Group met recently to discuss how town departments could migrate toward their own re-opening strategy, and what protocols would be required.
Thus, as of Monday, July 13, 2020, the following buildings will be open Mondays-Thursdays by appointment only:
- Town House
- Cordaville Hall
- South Union School [formerly known as the Arts Center]
- Public Works Building
Status of other town buildings:
Southborough Library: Curbside pickup and drop-off of books currently in place
Public Safety Building: Lobby has re-opened to the public
Senior Center: Remains closed to the public at this time; some virtual programming is in place. If you need assistance from the Nurse, Outreach Coordinator or COA staff, please leave a voice mail message at 508-485-0710, x3713.
- Taxes due Aug 1st: Staff is considering setting up an outdoor kiosk for 1st quarter tax payments.
- Transfer Station: FY21 Stickers available as of July 1 at the DPW Office, online and/or at a kiosk at the DPW Office. The Swap Shop remains closed until further notice.
- Visitor Log: A log will be kept at all town buildings, per Executive Order of Governor Baker. This will enable the Board of Health to do efficient COVID-related contract tracing if the need arises.
Later in the release it reassures:
If you require in-person services from a town department in the near future, please be assured that safe protocols are in place. They include:
- Proper signage
- Physical separation
- PPE for employees and visitors; face coverings are required
- Hand sanitation stations
- Visitor logs
Public Health questions? If you have any questions at all related to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to reach out to Emily Amico, Southborough’s Public Health Nurse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The doc reminds:
Payment for some town services can be accessed via online portals at [https://www.southboroughtown.com/treasurercollector/pages/online-payment-links]; there is a green mailbox outside of the Town House for payment drop off [no cash please!]