Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
The Town intends to make each of its meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom.* Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Tuesday, August 18, 2020
- Historical Commission Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearing on 15 Main St; Bond Release for 84 Main St; Letter in support of appointment of Michael Weishan; South Union School; Update on 12 Walker St
- Capital Planning Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with BOS on committee status, Capital Expense items for Fall Special Town Meeting, Plan for FY22 Annual Town Meeting; request for appraisal of South Union School, and update to Committee’s Charge
- Board of Selectmen Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda with packet, Corrected Warrant for 2020 State Primary) Agenda Highlights: Public Comment; Capital Planning Committee on Update, South Union School,and Revision to Charge; Budget software update; Joint Meeting with Town Moderator on Fall Town Meeting & Articles; Legal update from Town Counsel; Update on impact of COVID-19; Discussions on Open Space & Rec Plan, Downtown Initiative Zoning, and tree/vegetation management
Wednesday, August 19, 2020
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 am @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Highlights from agenda: Updates on Choate Grant project status, Installation of map kiosk at Fayville Park, DCRdog waste flyer; Trails maintenance plan;Bay Circuit Trail Connector reconstruction; Draft BOS letter to DCR requesting prioritization of the Public Access Plan for the Peninsula Trail (aka BoroughsLoop/Aqueduct Trail); Interactive Online Regional Trails Map Opportunity; CPC Application; Website Updates
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review insert for tax mailing; soliciting donations from SouthboroughCommunity Fund
- Municipal Technology Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Fire Department tech strategy; COVID-19 risk mitigation viatechnology; Tech status updates for School Admin, Town Admin, and PublicSafety; MTC processes; 5G Wireless; Strategic tech plan; surveys
Thursday, August 20, 2020
- potential Economic Development Meeting, 6:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (A meeting time is reserved on the Town’s Virtual Meeting schedule, but was posted as of Monday afternoon. Check the Town website later in the week.)
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Virtual Meeting (agenda, meeting packet) Agenda Highlights: Public hearings on 53 Boston Rd, 6 Newton St, Bigelow Rd; Sudbury Reservoir Boat Ramps, Lot 5 Granuaile/Brigham Rd, Park Central; 84 Main St invasive removal update & discussion; Request for Certificate of Compliance for 74 Oak Hill Rd & 2A Asaree Dr.
*There is the caveat that there could be technical glitches that force the Town to take backup actions:
No in-person attendance of members of the public will be permitted, but every effort will be made to ensure that the public can adequately access the proceedings in real time, via technological means. In the event that we are unable to do so, despite best efforts, we will post on Southborough’s website an audio or video recording, transcript, or other comprehensive record of proceedings as soon as possible after the meeting.