Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
Tuesday, September 22, 2020
- Book Bugs: Farm Fun for Little Ones (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Pre-registration required. Bring your little bug (ages 2-6) to the farm each month for an interactive children’s story time. We’ll read a farm story, make a craft, have a kid-friendly snack, and explore the farm! For more details, see dedicated post.
- Library’s Virtual Story Time (10:30 am) @ Facebook: Children’s Librarian “Miss Kim” will hold a story time on Facebook live, which will also be viewable after. (Note: you don’t have to have a Facebook account to watch the Library’s videos.)
- Sing Along: Elvis to the Everly Brothers (3:00 pm) @ zoom: The free program is for current members of Friends of the Council on Aging only. Pre-registration is required (and it may already be full). Roger Tincknell (singer, yodeler, and multi-instrumentalist) will lead the sing along. This participatory and upbeat program includes a wide variety of pop and rock songs from the 1950s. From Rhythm and Blues to Motown, Rockabilly to Classic Rock n Roll, including songs from many of the greats. Song requests are welcome in advance. For more details see dedicated post.
Wednesday, September 23, 2020
- Drop-in Pickleball (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Richardson Tennis Courts, on the Neary School campus (53 Parkerville Road).: The Southborough Recreation is offering the program for free to Southborough residents that are 55 years or older. The number of paddles available are limited. Players are encouraged to bring their own equipment if possible. No registration is required for the drop-in program. But Rec reserves the right to limit the number of drop-in players and to cancel any activities. This program meets 2x per week weather permitting through August. For details, see dedicated post.
- Stretch Break Class (10:15 am) @ zoom: The free program is for current members of Friends of the Council on Aging only. Pre-registration is required (and it may already be full). Suggested Donation for the six week session is $33. Mat based (and standing as well), flexibility, mobility and stability exercises. Props will be utilized for a complete and total body functional class. The class is for seniors at a wide range of fitness levels. For more details see dedicated post.
- Outdoor Preschool Yoga (11:00 – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Library Lawn: Free program offered by the Southborough Library. Geared toward ages 3-6. Join Certified Kids’ Yoga Instructor Mandy Roberge as she takes kids through basic yoga postures, using games, music and literacy activities. For details, see dedicated post.
- Casino Themed Luncheon Drive Through (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center parking lot, 9 Cordaville Road: This Senior Center program is limited to current members of the Friends of Council on Aging. Pre-registration is required (and it may already be full). Luncheon will be provided by TJ’s Spirits from Ashland featuring Lasagna and Meatballs along with some fun goodies. Suggested Donation is $5. For details, see dedicated post.
- Virtual Lego Club (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ zoom: Southborough has joined forces with the Needham Library for Lego fun! On Wednesdays at 3pm, log on to visit virtually with librarians and friends while building with your Lego bricks at home! We will be connecting via Zoom for this virtual Lego Club meeting, so you can show each other what you’ve built! The Zoom link will be sent a day or two before the event. For details see dedicated post.
Thursday, September 24, 2020
- Fairy House & Gnome Home Hike and Workshop (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Pre-registration required. Join us to build a special home for some magical woodland creatures. We’ll go on a hike to collect natural materials then each child can create their own fairy or gnome home. If you have something special to add to your house, feel free to bring it with you. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Story Time on the Lawn (10:30 -11:00 am) @ Southborough Library lawn: Registration is required. Each week will feature two stories and a craft. Please bring a blanket or towel to sit on. This program is for kids aged 2-5, plus siblings and parents/caregivers. For details, see dedicated post.
- Seated Chair Yoga (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ zoom: The free program is for current members of Friends of the Council on Aging only. Pre-registration is required (and it may already be full). Suggested Donation for the six week session is $18. Yoga class for beginners to more experienced yogis. Have fun while enjoying the benefits of movement, calming the mind, and relaxation. For more details see dedicated post.
Saturday, September 26, 2020
- Read to a Dog (11:00 – 11:40 am) @ zoom: Children preferably ages 5 and up with some reading ability will read to Bear, a certified therapy dog. Each child participating will have a chance to read a short book to Bear over Zoom and can listen to the other readers.The event is limited and requires pre-registration. For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, September 27, 2020
- Fall Fun on the Farm (timed entry – 12-1:30 pm; 1:30-3 pm; 3-4:30 pm; 4:30-6 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Family Friendly program. Pre-registration required. Enjoy a hayride, a scavenger hunt, a visit with our friendly goats, a climbing haystack, fun games, live music, and more. Food from food trucks and craft beer from a local beer vendor will be available for purchase. We’ll also have some featured craft vendors each week. Pricing: Children under 2 attend for free; Members – $12/Adult & $9/Child; Nonmembers – $20/Adult & $15/Child. To register, click here. (This program runs every through November 8.) For more details, see dedicated post.
Monday, September 28, 2020
- Yom Kippur – No School
Updated (9/21/20 12:54 pm): I inserted a link to a dedicated post on the Fall Fun on the Farm.