Here are highlights of what’s happening this weekend in (or linked to) Southborough.
Saturday, October 17, 2020
- Early Voting in State Election (10:00 am – 4:00 pm) @ Senior Center/Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (rear entrance): It’s the first day of in-person early voting in the election. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Women’s March: Celebrating Women’s Rights & Core Values (10:00 – 11:30 am) @ Hopkinton Town Common, 1 Ash St, Hopkinton: The event is organized for residents of Mass’ 8th Middlesex district (Southborough, Hopkinton, Holliston, and Westborough). State Representative Carolyn Dykema and other women will “speak up for eight essential principles that are the foundation of a more equitable and just world.” The March will include music and a brief speaking program. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Drive-in Movie for Best Buddies (6:30 – 6:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School: Fundraiser hosted by ARHS Best Buddies. Arrival 6-6:30PM for 6:30 screening of “A Night at the Museum” Open to all residents in the ARHS athletic Pod districts (Algonquin, Leominster, Shrewsbury, Westboro, Wachusett) Suggested donation per vehicle: $25 Pre-registration requested For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, October 18, 2020
- Early Voting in State Election (10:00 am – 4:00 pm) @ Senior Center/Cordaville Hall, 9 Cordaville Road (rear entrance): All three Southborough precincts can vote early in-person from during these hours daily through Friday, October 30th. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Poetry Reading: Art on the Trails (6:00 pm) @ Facebook Live: The community was invited to submit poems inspired by installations in this summer’s Art on the Trails Exhibit “Rising Up”. A poetry reading of selections from those submissions will be held online. For details, see dedicated post.
- Fall Fun on the Farm (timed entry – 12-1:30 pm; 1:30-3 pm; 3-4:30 pm; 4:30-6 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Family Friendly program including SCAC Silver Lining Expressions exhibit. Pre-registration required. Enjoy a hayride, a scavenger hunt, a visit goats, a climbing haystack, fun games, live music, food and craft vendors and more. Children under 2 attend for free; Members – $12/Adult & $9/Child; Nonmembers – $20/Adult & $15/Child. To register, click here. For more details, see dedicated post.
Updated (10/19/20 4:29 pm) Due to a technical glitch, it appears this post had temporarily disappeared sometime over the weekend!