The Southborough Library’s Summer Reading Program is in full swing this week. While the Library has been welcoming back kids to the Children’s Room, staff is also providing options for those not comfortable doing that yet.
Kids/families can register for this summer’s program is online. Families can also still retrieve materials (including activity packets and the traveling ducks) at the Curbside Pickup tables for now. (Activity sheets are also available on the website.)
Still, young readers are encouraged to visit the Library. They can enter into the weekly prize drawings each time they visit to check out items. And anyone who attends the Library’s events for kids will receive “raffle tickets”. (Click here for the list of free events.)
Below is the full description of this summer’s fun:
The Southborough Library is excited for another fun summer with all programs outside together with you! The theme for this year’s Summer Reading is “Tails and Tales.” We see many animals around us every day many of whom have tails as well as stories to tell! Summer Reading with the library is all about reading anything you like as well as coming together to share stories. Register for Summer Reading using this link: https://bit.ly/2021RegSummerRead. Each child is a separate registration.
- Reading logs: These will be available online, in Summer Reading packets both in the Children’s Room and outside on the curbside pickup tables. Track how many books you read and either bring your reading logs into the library or email Miss Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the number of books read. The librarians will keep track of the total number of books read this summer. Return your reading logs with the numbers of books read at any time… daily, weekly, or monthly.
- Beanstack is another way to track your summer reading online! Download the app today.
- Activity Packets: These will be available weekly for pickup both inside the library and outside on the curbside pickup tables. Each week there will be a challenge, game, coloring page, and a craft! These are also accessible on our website.
- Book Bingo: The Boston Bruins have put together a book bingo challenge this year! See how many squares you can cross off!
- Prizes: Enter to win weekly Summer Reading prizes! You can enter every time you come in the library to check out items. Raffle tickets will also be distributed to everyone attending outdoor events all summer. Winners will be drawn every Monday!
- Events: Lots of events this summer! All events will happen outside on the library lawn. Please see the Event Calendar on the library website.
- Ducks: The travelling ducks are back! Check out a duck from the library and take it on a trip. Report back on where your duck has been and see where other ducks have travelled to! Ducks will also be available through curbside pickup.
- Check our website and Facebook page often for upcoming special events, including Outdoor Story Times, magic shows, music with David Garden and more!
NEED MORE INFORMATION? Call the library at 508-485-5031 or Children’s Room directly at 508-281-8989. E-Mail Miss Kim at email@example.com.