Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
- No School – Rosh Hashana: The Jewish New Year
- Yoga on the Farm (6:00 – 7:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Join Ruth for a 60 minute Slow Flow Yoga practice where guests will coordinate movement with breath to flow from one pose to the next, ending with restorative poses. Pre-Register for $20, with proceeds going to providing yoga to underserved populations in the greater Worcester area.
Wednesday, September 8, 2021
- Neary School Instrument Info & Rental Night (7:00 – 7:30 pm) @ Virtual meeting: Annual event for parents to explain Neary’s band and orchestra programs and offer instrument rental options for discounted school rates.
Thursday, September 9, 2021
- Strength Training Class for seniors (8:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Pre-registration required. For details on semi-weekly class, see newsletter.
- Woodward Parent Volunteer and Room Parent Principal’s Coffee (9:30 – 10:30 am)
- Mah Jongg (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: The weekly program would love new players to join. Feel free to stop by to watch or talk to one of the players to see if you would be interested. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Finn School – Principal’s Coffee (10:00 – 11:00 am)
- Seated Chair Yoga for seniors (1:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Pre-registration required. For details on weekly class, see newsletter.
- Write Now! (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ zoom: Adult creative writing club for ages 18+, no experience required. Sponsored by the Southborough Library. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, September 10, 2021
- Preschool Farm Explorer Fridays (9:30 – 10:30 am) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Pre-registration (and fee) required. For ages 2 years 9 months to 5 years old, Adult supervision required (discount for younger siblings and siblings under 1 yr old can attend for free) Activities may include brushing goats, planting seeds, and other age-appropriate hands-on farm “chores,” as well as art projects and stories. For details, see dedicated post.
- Canasta (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Billiards & Card Games (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly drop-in play. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Dull Men’s Club (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Weekly, casual social club for senior men. New members are always welcome to drop in. For details, see dedicated post.
- All About Goats (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Pre-registration (and fee) required. Get up close and personal with the goats of Chestnut Hill Farm! We will have a hands-on learning experience with our goats including fun goat facts, what goats eat, how to care for them, and more. Children will be able to brush and/or feed the goats – grownups, don’t forget your cameras! Closed-toe shoes are recommended. For details, see dedicated post.
- Kindergroup Mom’s Night Out (7:30 pm):* Southborough Kindergroup Open House for parents of kids ages 5 and under. Enjoy cocktails, light appetizers, music, and great company, followed by a presentation (on a giant outdoor movie screen) about what Kindergroup has in store this year! This event is free, but registration is required. The event address is a Southborough residence and will be emailed upon registration. For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, September 11, 2021
- Hike with Goats (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Trustees of Reservations event. Your reservation gets you and your group of family or friends an hour-long experience with a friendly goat on its own harness and leash. You will first learn how to walk with the goat, and then you’ll be accompanied by a farm staff member as you and your new goat friend make your way around the farm and its trails. Pre-registration (and fee) required. For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, September 12, 2021
- Kindergroup Playground Playdate (3:00 – 4:30 pm) @ Fayville Park, Central Street: Southborough Kindergroup Open House. The cooperative playgroup is hosting a playground playdate with popsicles, music and giveaways. This event is of no cost and no registration is required. Feel free to bring the whole family, including older siblings. Everyone is welcome! For details, see dedicated post.
*Updated (9/8/21 1:37 pm): Kindergroup postponed the date of the Mom’s Night Out from Thursday to Friday based on the forecast rain:
Unfortunately, due to the heavy forecasted rains for tomorrow, we have decided to postpone our Moms’ Night Out Open House for kindergroup until this FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 10th. The time and location will remain the same.
NEW DATE: Friday, September 10th
Location: given upon registration
If you CANNOT attend on Friday, please let us know and I will make sure to send all the materials to you! You will also still be eligible to win the raffle prizes.
If you CAN still attend, yay! and there is nothing else you need to do.