Fall has barely begun, but it’s time to start signing up for winter sports. Southborough Youth Basketball registration for Travel Basketball (Grades 4-8) is closing soon. Here are details on both the Town (Grades 1-8) & Travel programs.
(Note: For information on Southborough Recreation’s basketball program for kids ages 3-6, click here.)
Travel Program (grades 4-8 for Girls and Boys)
Program for children interested in pursuing more competitive basketball. Players are selected through a tryout process. The website notes, “This should not be seen as a substitute for a Town Basketball program.”
- Registration deadline – September 26 ($250 fee)
- Evaluations will be held over two weeks with each group having two nights of evaluations. Girls evaluations will be the week of September 27th and boys evaluations will be the week of October 4th. Dates and times will be announced when confirmed.
- Season runs early December through the end of February with playoffs starting in early March.
- Travel teams play games on Sundays and practice one to two nights per week.
Town Program (grades 1-3 for Girls and Boys, Grades 4-8 TBD)
All children of all skill levels are encouraged to learn the game, have fun and socialize with friends. All children play an equal amount.
- Season begins mid-November and runs through late February. Saturday games.
- Grades 1-3: Register by October 15th ($90 fee to be charged when season confirmed)
- Grades 4-8: Due to COVID-19 there are still limitations by Southborough schools on gym space. They hope to be able to extend registration through grade 8, once it is confirmed that the gym space limitations are eased.
For more details on the SYBA program, or to register, visit southboroughbasketball.org. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.