Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this long, holiday weekend.
Each day this long weekend:
- Reading Run & Story Stroll (Saturday, October 9 through Sunday, October 17t: The virtual 5K run or 1 mile walk in support of the Friends of the Southborough Library begins today. For details, see dedicated post.
- Golf for ALS ONE @ Southborough Golf Club (Saturday, October 9 through Monday, October 11) the Town’s golf course is hosting its 3rd annual fundraiser to support ALS research and care. A portion of greens fees will be dedicated to charity throughout Heritage Day weekend. Tee time must be reserved in advance. For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, October 9, 2021
- Fall Fun on the Farm (12:00 – 4:30 pm in 90 minute windows) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: Enjoy a classic New England fall day featuring apple cider, hayrides, a climbing haystack, live music, scenic walking trails, a Storywalk, and a visit to see the goats, chickens and sheep. Indulge in yummy food, apple cider, and other seasonal treats available for purchase. Pre-registration (and fee) required. For details, see dedicated post.
Sunday, October 10, 2021
- Pumpkin drop off (4:00 – 6:00 pm) @ wall surrounding Old Burial Grounds: Southborough Rotary Club invites residents to contributed to the Pumpkin Stroll – details below.
- Pumpkin Stroll (6:00 -8:00 pm) @ Common Street: Southborough Rotary Club’s annual pre-Heritage Day celebration. The community is invited to view decorated pumpkins and lit jack-o-lanterns. Attendees are encouraged to donate dish soap and/or laundry detergent for the Southborough Food Pantry. For details, see dedicated post.
Monday, October 11, 2021 – Heritage Day
- Boston Marathon: For the first time, there is overlap between Marathon Monday and Heritage Day. Though the 125th Marathon doesn’t cross through Southborough, the nearby starting line draws a lot of interest in our community. This year, we have seven residents running in the race. You can read about them and find helpful links here.
- Heritage Day Parade (participants start gathering at 9:00 am, parade starts at 10:00 am): Led by public safety vehicles, community officials and organizations march from St. Anne’s church (on Boston Road) down Main Street, and past the field festivities. Click here for details.
- Heritage Day (10:00 am – 3:00 pm): St. Mark’s Field (corner of Rte 30 & 85): Food trucks, and booths with Artisans, crafters, fundraising efforts and more.
- Knights of Columbus Soccer Challenge (10:00 am – 1:00 pm): St. Mark’s Field: Free soccer penalty kick competition for ages 6-16. For details, see dedicated post.
- Book Sale (10:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library parking lot: The annual Friends of the Southborough Library fundraiser. Selling a slew of fiction and non-fiction books for all ages. (One free book per child.) For details, see dedicated post.