Here are the posted committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, November 15, 2021
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on Ken’s Foods expansion, 200 Turnpike Rd snow removal/landscaping contractor facility, Harvard University Collections Storage Building, and 22 Lovers Lane scenic Rd Stonewall and Tree removal; Open Space Re;ort FY21 presentation
- Capital Planning Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on subcommittee work; ARPA Committee formation; Capital project updates on Town House, Fire tender, and Library interior renovations; DPW Capital Plan update; standing committee bylaw
Tuesday, November 16, 2021
- Board of Health Meeting, 10:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Housing & Food Inspections; Regional Grant status; FY23 budget planning; Reports on Covid, survey results, Ken’s Expansion, Noise Committee meetings, MetroWest Tobacco Control District memo; Vaccine clinics; Remote Work Policy; Trash Hauler Fee collection
- Library Board of Trustees Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY23 Budget; Interior renovations; Volunteer policy draft; Staff appreciation, and Native Plant Garden
- Capital Planning Committee – School Research Subcommittee Meeting, 11:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Neary Statement of Interest to MSBA; Update on Town Space Needs Study; Review of updated demographic study and various scenarios; Next steps
- Southborough School Committee Operational Budget Subcommittee Meeting, 5:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY’23 Budget Discussion (Click here to register for webinar)
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Tax Classification Hearing; Tree Hearing appeal; FY22 financial update; Request from Fire Union for hazard pay under ARPA; Update on Regional Dispatch Study; RFP for golf course management; ARPA earmark for Northboro Rd culvert; Recipricoal license agreement for St. Mark’s St project; Discuss Shared Streets park project at Marlborough Rd; Discuss police request for additional full time dispatcher; Review charges for ARPA Committee and Trails Committee; Discuss OML training requirements
Wednesday, November 17, 2021
- Personnel Board Meeting, 12:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Chair resignation and Board reorganization; FMLA Leave Policy; FY23 Annual Salary adjustment; FY23 Bylaw new policy on performance evaluation certifications, Performance evals for On Call Firefighters; Benefits review; Requests by Town Planner and Select Board for new hires; Remote Work Policy
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Revisit application income limits (may vote); Discuss outreach
- Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Presentation of FY22 Budget; Discuss South Union School
- Regional School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Spec Ed Dept Presentation; Covid Update; Review of Face Coverings policy; Class Size Ratios; Standardized Assessment Reults; Enrollment report; Capital Plan and FY23 Budget priorities; Mascot Study Group Update
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Goals and recommendations that may be eligible for ARPA/Infrastructure funding; Updated Census Data; Putting Final Plan together
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Appoint liaison to ARPA Committee; Discuss Budget process for FY23 and budget model; Discuss policy on stabilization of operating budget, free cash, and
Thursday, November 18, 2021
- Noise Bylaw Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights:Enforcement tactics discussion; Topics to be considered for the development of the bylaw; review other bylaws in state
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.