A week from today is the annual conference for Seniors and “friends of seniors” in the Middlesex & Worcester District. For the second year (out of 41) the event will be held virtually.
Below is the invitation from State Senator Jamie Eldridge:
I want to invite you all to my upcoming *virtual* Senior Conference that will be held on Thursday, December 9th at 11 AM via Zoom, Facebook, Youtube, and my website.
This is an excellent opportunity for all to learn useful information regarding COVID-19 and protecting our senior citizens. We urge anyone interested to register for the Zoom below. Anyone who registers before 12PM on December 9th will be entered into a raffle that includes over a $1000 worth of gifts.
This year’s workshop topics are:
- Family Caregiver Support Program and Caregiver Resources
- Aging: Planning for Yourself and Your Family
- Stretch and Relax Yoga Class
- Aging Well and Healthy
- “Be a tourist in your own backyard!”
- Music Songs and Sing-Along & Gifts and Goodbye
Featured presenters are:
- Senator Edward J. Markey, United States Senator for Massachusetts
- Carrie Haskell, Statewide Money Management Program Coordinator
- Melissa Donegan, Healthy Living Center of Excellence
- Rebecca Reber, Yoga Instructor
- Dr. Cailtyn Coyle, University of Massachusetts Boston
- Sandra Harris, State President, AARP Massachusetts
- Ellen Feinsand, Chair, Acton Council on Aging Board
- Phyllis M. Cahaly, Massachusetts Office of Travel and Tourism
- Kathy Sullivan and Andrew Fieleke, Minuteman Senior Services
For more details on the program, speakers, and resources, click here.
If you have questions or need help, you can email Eldridge’s District Director at Bianca.Desousa@masenate.gov with the subject “Senior Conference Registration”.