Here are the posted open committee and board meetings for this week along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
Unless otherwise noted, meetings are all remote sessions open to the public.*
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, March 7, 2022
- Regional School Committee Audit Subcommittee Meeting, 4:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review of FY’21 Audit, OPEB Trust Audit
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Select member for Neary Building Committee, Finalize letter to be sent to this blog to clarify financial issues related to St Marks Road and park project and road funds status, and role of Advisory at Town Meetings
Tuesday, March 8, 2022
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Recommendation for 3rd party Audit for food establishments; Ken’s Expansion related to Noise; Noise Bylaw Review; Process for Tobacco regs; Review and vote on New Health Director Job Description; MetroWest Health Foundation Grant; Town Meeting Safety Protocols; Covid report
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: FY23 Budget update; Campership balance; Fundraising updates; Strategic Plan; ARPA request; Referral services; Remote meetings update
- Recreation Commission Meeting, pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on programs, lighting projects, and field projects; Van purchase; 9/11 field fund finances; Space needs study update; research of town agreements for field use with sports leagues; CPA projects; Recruiting plans Admin Asst’s backfill; Tennis court rentals
Wednesday, March 9, 2022
- Personnel Board Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Q & A with Town Labor Counsel; Classification of Public Health Nurse; Salary Study Consultant interviews; SAP Revisions – benefits survey, format for Town Meeting; Authorization to disburse payments; Building Dept addition of local inspector
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:00 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Personnel Board on Public Health Nurse
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Professional Development, Math & English Language Arts, MSBA Repair Woodward Statement of Interest; School Choice; Discuss Return to in-person meetings; Extended Day update (Click here to join webinar)
- Master Plan Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Land Use and Zoning, Economic Development; Picture Contest; QR Codes for draft at Town Meeting
- Noise Bylaw Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Work on draft; at 8:00 pm join Advisory Committee meeting for Article discussion; Review of joint meeting
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on Neary Building Committee; Budget for Facilities and Other Operations Support; Noise Bylaw Article; Stabilization policy and revolving fund theory, and Article for Regional school capital stabilization fund; FY23 Budget
Thursday, March 10, 2022
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Response from St Mark’s School; Discuss DPW funding, grant timetable, easements, etc; Current park plans; Recommendation for open competition for memorial design
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm – The committee asked readers be informed they are meeting weekly at this time “to discuss how to spend $3+ million allotted to the town via the American Recovery Plan Act.” Public comment is welcomed after completion of the agenda or can be emailed in advance. For details, click here. To look for the agenda to be posted later this week, click here.
Below is a meeting from last week that was posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, March 2, 2022
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Select member for Neary Building Committee; Discuss road maintenance funds currently available and St. Mark’s park project; FY23 Budget; FY23 Water Budget
Thursday, March 3, 2022
- ARPA Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Community outreach discussion; Survey discussion; next steps
Friday, March 4, 2022
- Council on Aging Meeting, 8:30 am @ Cordaville Hall (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Program updates, Budget Update, ARPA fund status, Capital Committee updates – board trip to view Woodward
*The Town intends to make each of its remote public meetings available for viewing/listening via streaming live (and saved) video and audio on YouTube with some available for public comment by zoom. Live streaming of school committee meetings is only available for viewing via webinars.
I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.