I received news of another job available in Southborough. It brings good news for a whole lot of parents – Southborough Recreation is looking for Counselors for Summer Camp.
While I’m sharing that, I looked at what other jobs have been posted by the Town and Schools
If you’d like to share your company’s Southborough based job openings in future weeks, email email@example.com.
To look for previously posted jobs in Southborough, click here.
Town of Southborough
Both of these positions are extended application periods for previously advertised positions. I shared the first one back in January. The second one I missed sharing before the original deadline.
- Technology – Senior IT Specialist (full-time)
Successful candidate will be able to identify, diagnose, analyze data and resolve problems for users regarding software and hardware, networking and infrastructure including cybersecurity risk management and communicate solutions to end-users. Position requires a high school Diploma / GED a bachelor’s degree or higher is strongly preferred, as are relevant certifications. Five years or more of responsible experience in an information technology environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Knowledge of the following applications are desirable: Office365, CivicPlus, Azure, networking fundamentals (Network+, Security+ or Cisco certification a plus), GIS, VMware, Next Request, OpenGov and other software applicable to local government. Minimum starting salary is $70,063 annually.
Applications received by March 17, 2022 will receive preference – click here for details
- Summer Camp Counselor for Southborough Recreation
Applicants must be at least 15 years of age, have experience working with children. Applicants must be able to commit to working all 7 weeks (June 27 through August 12, Mondays – Fridays from 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, except for July 4th). Orientation and training will be held tentatively June 23-24. Camps take place at Woodward School. Starting Salary Salary: $14.25/hour. (Click here for application)
Note: Under state law, teens under the age of 18 need a work permit before starting a job. If you don’t already have one, you can find information on obtaining one here.
For fun, I included pics of counselors having fun at past Southborough Rec summer camps from past Facebook posts:
For the second year Southborough Recreation will offer a a full day camp for ages 3-12, plus a half day option for the 3-6 year olds. It’s also the second year that both ages will be at Woodward School. You can read more about this year’s camp plans here.
Public Schools of Northborough and Southborough (NSBORO)
Here are the new district/Southborough/Algonquin positions listed since my previous post. Several of these are for the Extended School Year (ESY) program over the summer:
- Education Support Professional (ESP/Aide), Algonquin Regional High School
- Bus Monitor, NSBORO district
- Girls Varsity Soccer Head Coach (Athletic), Algonquin Regional High School
- Assistant Principal – High School, Algonquin Regional High School
- ESY – Physical Therapists – Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Speech-Language Pathologists Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Site Coordinators – Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Special Education Teachers Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Education Support Professionals Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Nurses Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- ESY – Occupational Therapists Summer Extended School Year, NSBORO district
- Long Term Substitute Education Support Professional (ESP/Aide), Mary E. Finn School
- Education Support Professional (ESP/Aide) – High School, NSBORO district
For other NSBORO opportunities (previously advertised or in Northborough K-8 schools) click here.