Here are reminders of what’s happening around town tonight and tomorrow. (I haven’t seen anything scheduled for Sunday.)
Friday, May 20, 2022
- Trottier Middle School Dance (7:00 – 9:30 pm) @ Trottier: A dance for the school’s 6th-8th graders. SOS will be selling food at the event.
- ARHS Senior Prom & Post Prom Party: For details, see dedicated post.
Saturday, May 21, 2022
- Southborough Gardeners Flower Show & Plant Sale (8:00 am – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Gardeners Flower Show & Plant Sale: The Gardeners celebrate 50 years, with a special exhibit – “A feast for the eyes with over 30 arrangements” made by members of the club. The special arrangements will be raffled off to attendees at the end of the event. Admission is free. At the event, the group will also be selling “locally grown perennials and annuals. For details, see dedicated post.
- NECC 5K for Autism (8:30 am – 2:30 pm) @ Neary School campus, 53 Parkerville Road: New England Center for Children’s 16th Annual Walk/Run for Autism. Registration is free this year. For details on the fundraiser for autism research and education, see dedicated post.
- Read to a Dog (11:00 – 11:45 am) @ Southborough Library: Children preferably ages 5 and up with some reading ability will read to Bear, a certified therapy dog. Please register in the Children’s Room for a time slot.
- Community Watch: Resilience (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Southborough Library upper level: Screening of documentary “Resilience: the Biology of Stress & the Science of Hope”. This event is part of the Town’s series for Mental Health Awareness month. A short discussion of the film will follow the screening. For details, see related posts.
- Community Watch: Paper Tigers (1:00 – 3:00 pm) @ Southborough Library upper level: Screening of documentary “Paper Tigers: One High School’s Unlikely Success Story”. This event is part of the Town’s series for Mental Health Awareness month. A short discussion of the film will follow the screening. For details, see related posts.