Here are highlights of what’s happening around (or related to) our town through next weekend.
(Scroll to the bottom for more on daily events/opportunities this summer.* For summer camps, click here.)
Monday, August 15, 2022
- Walking Group for Seniors (8:30 am) @ Trottier Middle School’s outdoor track: Free walking group organized by the Southborough Senior Center, see newsletter. Walkers generally go for an hour, but continue for as long as you wish. The location is a loop, so feel free to join late.
- Bereavement Group (1:00 – 2: 00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: The Bereavement Group is a monthly support group is for ages 50 and older. To sign up to join the group, please call Leslie Chamberlin, R.N. at 508-229-4453.
- Teen Summer Art Club (2:30 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Teen Room: For Ages 12 to 18. Work on a variety of creative projects like drawing, collage, coloring, or button making. For details, see related post.
Tuesday, August 17, 2022
- Outdoor Story Times (11:00 – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Library Lawn: description. Join the Library for story time outside on the Library Lawn. (Please bring blankets/chairs.) For all ages, no registration necessary.
- Bridge (12:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group, welcoming new participants. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Cook Book Club (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main floor: Each month, participants are encouraged to make a recipe to share from a selected cookbook. This month’s selection is Jacques Pépin quick + simple . For details, see related post.
- Tuesday Tech Time (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Teen Room: Need help with technology? Library staff and teen volunteers will make every effort to assist you. Bring questions about ebooks and electronic resources. This is a drop in event; no registrations necessary. Sessions are limited to no more than 1 hour.
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Walking Group for Seniors (8:30 am) @ Southborough cemetery, 11 Cordaville Road: Free walking group organized by the Southborough Senior Center, see newsletter. Walkers generally go for an hour, but continue for as long as you wish. The location is a loop, so feel free to join late.
- Open Lab for Ideas (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Teen Room: Program for 12-18 yr olds to explore how they can use Library equipment to take creative project ideas and make them a reality.. For details, see related post.
- Southborough Rotary Club (7:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main floor: Regular meeting of the Rotary Club of Southborough. New and prospective members are always welcome.
- Movie Night (8:00 pm) @ Neary Field, 53 Parkerville Road: The last of this summer’s free family friendly movie series put on by Southborough Recreation. This week’s feature is: Sing 2
Thursday, August 18, 2022
- Advanced Tai Chi (10:15 – 11:45 am) @ Southborough Library: Participants from the Southborough Senior Center’s class will be meeting at the library over the summer. Want to practice your poses? Or make new friends? Fellow experienced Tai Chi participants are welcome to come check it out. Drop-in, no registration.
- Mah Jongg (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: The weekly program would love new players to join. Feel free to stop by to watch or talk to one of the players to see if you would be interested. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Magic with Ed Popielarczyk! (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Lawn (or Main Floor if inclement weather): Wrap up Summer Reading with the popular children’s entertainer. All ages, no registration required. (Sponsored by the Friends of the Southborough Library.) For details, see dedicated post.
- Sunset Playdates (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Fay School’s Primary School playground: Families with kids 8 and under are invited to a free night out with live music by Mr. Kim from Apple Tree Arts and an after-dinner popsicle. Registration is required. For details, see dedicated post.
Friday, August 19, 2022
- Canasta (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
- Dull Men’s Club (10:00 am) @ zoom: Casual social club for senior men. New members are always welcome to drop in. For details, see dedicated post.
- Kids Jam (11:00 – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Library Lawn: Traditional and popular children’s songs suitable for newborns through preschool age. Drop-In, no registration necessary. Children must be accompanied by parent/caregiver. (The outdoor event will be cancelled if it rains.) For details, see related post.
- Southborough Safe Spaces – Summer Fun (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Pilgrim Church, 15 Common St:Youth drop in night his event is for rising 6th-12th graders in a safe, welcoming environment for LBGTQ+ youth of all faiths. Join them for water fights, slip and slide, dinner and ice cream. For details, see dedicated post.
*Some other opportunities that aren’t special/weekly events (like Art on the Trails or Summer Reading program activities) can be found under my posts on Summer Fun for Adults and What to Do with Kids this Summer. (I’ll be adding to this tagged list throughout the summer.)