I’m late in sharing news on Algonquin’s fall sports, already in swing.
Last week, ARHS’ Boys Golf team kicked off the start of the school year with two wins. The Boys beat Acton-Boxborough (away) 39-33 and Westborough (home) 206-203. The Titans are scheduled to hit the Juniper Hills greens again tomorrow.
Today was the first official season home game that’s actually at Algonquin. ARHS Field Hockey played Minnechaug this afternoon:
Varsity Field Hockey hosting Minnechaug for their first game of the season!
Go Titans! pic.twitter.com/iDBxX50Uxw
— ARHS Athletics (@ARHSAthletics) September 7, 2022
That ended in a 0-3 loss. Over the past week, Field Hockey already faced three other schools in scrimmages (Chelmsford, Acton-Boxborough, Concord-Carlisle).
They aren’t the only ARHS team that has been using scrimmages to gear up for the season. Last week, Boys Soccer scrimmaged against Hudson, Franklin, and Worcester Academy. Other teams only scheduled one scrimmage each: Girls Soccer at Medway, Girls Volleyball at Milford, and Football hosted East Bridgewater.
Now, here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the remainder of the week:
Thursday, September 8, 2022
- 3:30 pm – Boys Golf vs. Groton-Dunstable Regional @ Juniper Hills Golf Course
- 4:00 pm – Girls Soccer vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ Nashoba Regional High School
- 5:15 pm – Girls Volleyball vs. Groton-Dunstable Regional @ Algonquin
- 6:00 pm – Boys Soccer vs. Leominster @ Algonquin
Friday, September 9, 2022
- 3:10 pm – Boys Golf vs. St. John’s @ Kettle Brook Golf Club
- 4:00 pm – Field Hockey vs. Sutton @ Sutton High School
- 4:00 pm – Girls Volleyball vs. Natick @ Natick
- 7:00 pm – Football vs. Doherty Memorial @ Algonquin
Saturday, September 10, 2022
- 6:00 pm – Girls Soccer vs. Acton-Boxborough Regional @ Algonquin
- 6:00 pm – Boys Soccer vs. St. John’s @ St John’s
(To check for changes or find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)