On Thursday, the community turned out for the 16th Annual Gobble Wobble fundraiser for Friends of Southborough Recreation. I’m sharing some results and photo highlights.
There were over 940 participants in the Thanksgiving morning 5K run/2 mile walk. (Even more, if you include those tagging along on leashes or in strollers!)
This year’s overall winners were Aidan Gilmore (M) and Dianna Bell (F).
Other best times by age groups were:
- Ryan Maloney and Tory Haseotes (for ages 10 years old & under)
- Stephen White and Kathryn McCarthy (11-20)
- Matthew Walsh and Abigail Fischer (21-30)
- Andrew Weinstein (31-40)
- Mingliang Guo and Amanda Watters (41-50)
- Issam Krieche and Marjory Selig (51-60)
- Stephen Sall and Denise Andrews (60+)
You can find the full results here.
The pics below were contributed by Allan Bezanson:
On Facebook, Friends of Southborough Recreation thanked volunteers and sponsors who made the event possible. Below are two of their cropped photos. (You can find originals and more pics here.)
You can find the Community Advocate’s coverage and more pics here.
Updated (11/28/22 5:11 pm): I had the wrong number for participants.