Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, December 5, 2022
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on subcommittee with Capital Planning; Discuss Affordable Housing Trust 5 year plan draft presentation; MBTA Communities; Special Town Employee Designation vote
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
- Taxation Aid Committee Meeting, 4:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss identifying funding opportunities and research findings on banking charitable funds
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with School Committee to fill vacancy on committee; Hearing on installation of utility pole at 9 Clemmons St; Conservation Commission Update; Alcohol license renewals; winter parking ban; consider ARPA spending; Update on regional dispatch grant; police Lt. job description
- Southborough School Committee Special Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint Meeting with Select Board to interview candidates and appoint one to fill vacancy on School Committee. (Candidates are Jessica Devine, Zhi Li, and Johanna Sheyner)
Wednesday, December 7, 2022
- Combined School Committees Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Algonquin Regional High School Library, 79 Bartlett St, Northborough (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Superintendent’s Mid-Cycle Review; Draft ’23-’24 Student Calendar; 1st Readings of new/revised policies
- Master Plan Implementation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates to Town website; Implementation Plan by Organization; assign and discuss talking points for liaisons to committees and depts
Thursday, December 8, 2022
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on Course signage and Tee box repositioning; Course marketing
- Conservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and materials) Agenda Highlights: Public Hearings on 0 Cordaville Rd wetland non-jurisdictional status, 125 Parkerville Road clearing of trees, 20 Sears Rd demolition and pool backfill, 8 Brigham St new home, and 200 Turnpike Rd warehouse and salt shed; Potential Violation – 31 Presidential Dr; Update on Breakneck Hill Dump
Below is a meeting from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Community Preservation Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Discuss and Vote ATM Warrant Placeholders for budget, annual bonding Articles, Algonquin Athletic Complex Project, Open Space project at Library, and adjustment to Town House project
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Combined School Committee meetings based at Algonquin are broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Verizon-29 and Charter-194. The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VOD player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetings are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video