Here are highlights of what’s happening around (or related to) our town this week.
(The gray font below is for previously established events that take place regularly – at least 2x per month or more frequently.)
Tuesday, December 27, 2022
- Tuesday Tech Time (4:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library Teen Room: Each week, library staff and teen volunteers will make every effort to assist patrons with technology questions. Bring questions about ebooks and electronic resources. This is a drop in event; no registrations necessary.
- Comic Mime Winter Wonderland (3:00 – 4:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main floor: Join comic mime Robert Rivest as he shares some winter wonderland stories. There will be plenty of laughter and some mime techniques taught as well! Event is sponsored by The Friends of the Southborough Library. For details, see dedicated post.
- Poetry Workshop (6:30 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: Bring in five copies of original poetry to share. The group will provide supportive feedback. If you don’t have a poem, come anyway and share your insights. (Meets twice monthly.)
Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Walking Group for Seniors (8:30 am) @ Southborough cemetery, 11 Cordaville Road: Free weekly walking group organized by the Southborough Senior Center. Walkers generally go for an hour, but continue for as long as you wish. The location is a loop, so feel free to join late.
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover – Drop off (1:00 – 4:30 pm) @ Southborough Library Children’s Room: Your stuffed animal can sleep over at the library! Drop off an animal (or two), do a craft with your animal, and then leave your animal with the librarians for the night. Pictures will be emailed to show you what the animals are up to! Pick up your animal the next day and hear all about the sleep over adventures!. For details, see dedicated post.
Thursday, December 29, 2022
- Mah Jongg (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: The weekly program would love new players to join. Feel free to stop by to watch or talk to one of the players to see if you would be interested. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.
Friday, December 30, 2022
- Dull Men’s Club (10:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Casual social club for senior men. New members are always welcome to drop in. For details, see dedicated post.
- Canasta (11:15 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: A weekly card group. For details, contact the Senior Center at 508-229-4453.