Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options.**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, January 9,, 2023
- Southborough Public Access Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Ask Trails Committee about making trails more ADA compliant; Public Safety Building compliance concerns; availability of Braille printer; public outreach; Plan to update Parking Article; Recreation ADA funding
- Personnel Board Meeting, 3:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Tuition Reimbursement; SAP Revisions to approve five job descriptions and reclassification of nine Town jobs; Review on-call payments
- Planning Board Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Master Plan Implementation Committee briefing; Public Hearings on 200 Turnpike Rd; 154-6 Northborough Rd Site Compliance, NGrid’s FY24 Vegetation Management Plan; MBTA Communities; Tree Protection Bylaw & Policy Environmental Controls Bylaw
- Cultural Arts Council Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Plan for Grant Reception; potential update of application guidelines
Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Update on subcommittee with Capital Planning; Affordable Housing Trust – 5-year Plan; MAPC Final Draft; Warrant Article Preparation; MBTA Communitites; Special Town Employee Designation Vote
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Strategic plan progress report; FY24 Budget; salary study update; Mental Health Awareness Month update
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Town grant writer proposal from EDC; Updates on DCR MOA Trails Agreement and MassTrails Grant contracting
Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Neary School Council Meeting, 3:15 pm @ Google Meet virtual (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Review Neary’s 2021-2024 School Improvement Plan and 2022-2023 Update
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School, Library, 49 Parkerville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: MSBA Updates on Neary Building Committee and Accelerated Repair; Multilingual Learner Data Presentation; Revised Preliminary Budget Presentation
- St. Mark’s Street Park Working Group Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Public Safety Building, Training Room, 32 Cordaville Road and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Plans for Park Design; Park Bid Package; Additional members of Working Group
Thursday, January 12, 2022
- Golf Course Committee Meeting, 9:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Course signage, Off-season use, course marketing
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a day or two.)
- If I don’t specify a location for Town committees and boards, they will be held on zoom (details here). Zoom/hybrid meetings are also streamed live and saved for replay via the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (Though, occasionally there are glitches.) If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be captured on video