Yesterday, Algonquin Swimming teams competed at the MIAA Swim & Dive Central/West sectionals. The school tweeted the following results:
Swim & Dive Sectional Results: Girls placed 21st, Boys placed 7th. Mina Chung advances to States by placing 6th in both the 500 Free & 100 Breaststroke. Axel Soderquist placed 4th in the 50 Free & 6th in 100 Free, advancing to States. Boys 400 Free Relay also advancing to States!
You can view the full result details here.
On Saturday, Algonquin Wrestling hosted their Division 1 sectionals for Central/West. Senior Rafael Knapp won his weight class (170 lbs) and Kazunari Conway came in 2nd place for his (285 lbs). Four more Titans wrestled their way into top 6 spots for their brackets (Alexander Franca #3, Paulo Knapp #4, Adam Ayzenshtat #5, and Garrett Willwerth #6.)
Saturday was also a big day for some members of ARHS Indoor Track teams. In their MSTCA “Last Chance” Qualifier Meet, Coach Patrick Galvin tweeted that the Boys’ Joe Lamburn broke his older brother’s time to set a new all time school record in the One Mile event. The Girls Team beat the school’s all time record for the Girls Sprint Medley Relay and six other runners/jumpers made the all time top ten list. (You can find those details here.)
Friday, Titans Gymnastics hosted their Mid -Wach League Championships. According to the Telegram, ARHS came in 5th place out of 6 schools with Olivia Labelle scoring 5th in the all-around competition. (You can see the paper’s photos from here and more photos of the Algonquin gymnasts on Owen Jones Photography’s website.)
Yesterday, the Telegram covered the team’s use of Rihanna songs to inspire spirit.
We’re nearing the end of the regular season for Basketball and Hockey. This morning the latest Power Rankings showed that Girls Basketball creeped closer to the cutoff for their D2 state playoffs (#32 out of 33 slots). But, according to the Community Advocate, they secured their spot with a 55-24 win over Shrewsbury on Friday.
(The Boys also beat Shrewsbury, but are still just 51st in their rankings.)
In Hockey, the Gonk Boys lost two more games, but kept their 11th place in the D2 Power Rankings. Girls Hockey shot back up to 3rd place following two more wins.
In alumni news, former Titan Southborough’s James Clark will join the Worcester Bravehearts for this summer’s baseball team.
Now, here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the week:
Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- 6:00 pm – Girls Basketball vs. Concord-Carlisle High School @ Algonquin
Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- 6:00 pm – Ski Team Race(Fun Race or Makeup Race) @ Ski Ward Ski Area
- 6:30 pm – Boys Basketball vs. St. John’s @ St John’s
- 7:30 pm – Boys Ice Hockey vs. Hopedale @ North Star Ice Sports, Westborough
- 8:10 pm – Girls Ice Hockey vs. Multiple Schools @ New England Sports Center
Friday, February 17, 2023
- 2:00 pm – Wrestling State Championship vs. Methuen @ Methuen
- 7:00 pm – Boys Basketball vs. Marlborough High School @ Algonquin
Saturday, February 18, 2023
- 9:30 am – Wrestling State Championship vs. Methuen @ Methuen
- 10:30 am – Girls Indoor Track Division 2 – State Meet @ Reggie Lewis Track Center
- 10:30 am – Boys Indoor Track Division 2 – State Meet @ Reggie Lewis Track Center
- 2:00 pm – Boys Basketball vs. Nashoba Regional High School @ Nashoba Regional High School
- 4:00 pm – Girls Ice Hockey vs. Natick @ William Chase Arena
Sunday, February 19, 2023
- 12:00 pm – Girls Basketball Tournament vs. TBA @ Westborough High School
(To check for changes or find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)