Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, April 10, 2023
- Select Board Meeting, 3:30 pm @ Public Safety Building Training Room, 32 Cordaville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Interview and consider appointment of potential DPW Superintendent [Editor’s Note: I was alerted by the chair that a corrected location was posted to the Town website after I ran this post.]
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with Planning Board, SHOPC, and Advisory Committee to discuss MBTA Communities zoning law; SHOPC/ Capital Planning Committee Subcommittee report on 21 Highland Street; Revise Community Center Exploratory Committee Charge; Consider appointment of DPW Superintendent; Charge for Tricentennial Celebration Committee; Next steps for St. Mark’s Street Park Committee and project; RECC IMA; Annual Town Meeting results
- Southborough Housing Opportunity Partnership Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with the Select Board, Planning Board, and Advisory on MBTA Communities zoning law
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with the Select Board, SHOPC, and Advisory on MBTA Communities zoning law
- Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with the Select Board, Planning Board, and SHOPC on MBTA Communities zoning law
Tuesday, April 11, 2023
- Board of Health Meeting, 9:30 am @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Food Inspections; Appointment MetroWest Tobacco Inspector; Pool and Camp Fees; Updates on Impact Melanoma project, Flu vaccine ordering, and Metrowest grant application
- Southborough Housing Authority Meeting, 5:30 pm @ Colonial Gardens, 49 Parkerville Road (agenda)
- Scholarship Advisory Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Application process; Review and determine evaluation criteria
- Youth Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ Public Safety Building Training Room, 32 Cordaville Road (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Update on remaining operating budget and donation account; vote on recipients for Ellen Piontek Scholarship and Laurie Sugarman Wellness Award; Mental Health Awareness Month update
- Recreation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on summer hiring, conferences, Dept van, Trails Committee Bid, youth group filed permits, Kallander Field, Choate softball field, and Admin search; Lundblad Next Steps/Timeline; ARPA Request/Reconsideration
Wednesday, April 12, 2023
- Southborough School Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Trottier Middle School Library, 49 Parkerville Road (agenda) Agenda Highlights: School Choice Discussion; Neary Building Committee update; Solar Feasibility; Discuss Agenda and Packet Distribution; Ratify Agreement with Southborough Teachers Association ESPs; World Language Update; Auditorium Rooftop Unit at Trottier Middle School
Thursday, April 13, 2023
- Board of Commissioners of Trust Funds Meeting, 8:00 am @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Taxation Aid representative request for funding Tax Aid fund; discuss changing funds and outreach; Update on upcoming election
- Master Plan Implementation Committee Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Liaison updates; Quarterly Report for Planning Board
Below are meetings from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Wednesday, April 5, 2023
- Open Space Preservation Commission Meeting, 7:00 pm (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Planet Palooza Planning; Master Plan and OSRP Review; St. Mark’s Street Park; Library Garden Management; Chestnut Hill Farm Update; Planning Board OS Review
Thursday, April 7, 2023
- Council on Aging Meeting, 11:30 am (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Updates on construction, programs, and Tax work off; developing budget for new formula grant; Subcommittee reports on marketing and survey
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.