Here are the posted open, public Southborough committee and board meetings for this week* along with my selected highlights from the agendas.
These days, some meetings are over zoom, some in-person, and others are hybrids that allow both participation through both options. (Most, but not all, can be participated in, watched live, and replayed from home.)**
As always, be aware that changes to the meeting schedule (and agendas) are known to happen throughout the week. (Scroll down for details on meetings that popped up after last Monday’s post.) For an updated list of meetings, visit the Town website.
Monday, May 1, 2023
- Community Center Exploration Committee Meeting, 7:30 pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Feedback from Finn School Tour; Update on public-private partnership research; Review proposal from space needs designer consultant; Interim steps while consultant completes work
Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- Select Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda and packet) Agenda Highlights: Neary School Building Committee update and requested Charge change; Tree and Stonewall Removal Hearings with Planning Board; Tree Policy; Water Rates; Consider adding 3 parcels to Conservation’s care and control; Tree Warden designee stipend; Town Administrator evaluation; Use of CSS for grant requests; Employee survey results; Finalize new public comment policy; Update on ARPA allocations
- Planning Board Meeting, 6:30 pm @ Town House Hearing Room and zoom (agenda, hearing materials) Agenda Highlights: Joint meeting with Select Board for consolidated hearings on tree and stonewall removals (79 Oak Hill Rd, St. Mark’s Street, DPW list of 64 trees on several roads, and National Grid request for 4 trees); Discuss draft Tree Policy
- Trails Committee Meeting, 7:30pm @ zoom only (agenda) Agenda Highlights: DCR MOA trails agreement status; Update on Peninsula Trail grant, Fence / Signage, and Phase II next steps; Potential SPAC contribution to enhance trail accessibility; DCR Earth Day Clean up event recap; Bench and interpretative signage; Events updates
Below is a meeting from last week that were posted after I ran last week’s list:
Friday, April 28, 2023
- Board of Library Trustees Meeting, 11:30 am (agenda, video) Agenda Highlights: Personnel Board Requirements Update; Massachusetts Public Library Construction Program; Library Director Evaluation; Solicitation Policy; Community Center Exploration Committee Update; Revised Candidates’ Night Program
*I don’t include closed Executive Sessions unless the agenda indicates the possibility of some action in an open public session at the opening or closing of the meeting.
**Details on watching meetings remotely:
- Town Committee/Board Meetings:
- If in-person meetings don’t also advertise a zoom option, assume that it won’t be broadcast or captured on video.
- To remotely participate in meetings that allow zoom, click here.
- Cable Access — Southborough Access Media has resumed broadcasting the regular evening meetings for the Select Board, Planning Board, and Zoning Board of Appeals that take place in the Town House Hearing Room. (Those meetings will still allow zoom participation.) View SAM’s live and replayed broadcasts via their Government cable access channel (Verizon-38 and Charter-194).
- To live stream (or view later) remote or hybrid meetings (even those covered by Southborough Access Media) over the internet, use the Town’s YouTube Channel for Remote Meetings. (The meetings covered by SAM can also be streamed on their website here, and eventually on SAM’s YouTube Channel.)
- School Committee Meetings:
- Subcommittee meetings and some special meetings are only available to attend/view live (in person or by “webinar”) with no later rebroadcast.
- Regular Southborough School Committee meetings are generally broadcast live by Southborough Access Media here and on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. (Video replays are also usually made available through their YouTube channel within a couple of days.)
- Regular Regional School Committee meetings (or Combined meetings based at Algonquin) are live broadcast by Northborough Cable Access here and on Southborough’s Education Channel (Verizon-29 and Charter-194). The meetings are also eventually rebroadcast and available through NCAT’s VideoOnDemand player and YouTube channel (though that can take several days).
- Southborough does participate in some regional collaboratives hosted in other towns. Those committees follow their own rules and may not offer a way to re-watch zoom meetings.