Last week was a great one for Algonquin’s Outdoor Track teams and Girls Golf. Other teams’ had either mixed results, or more poor showings.
Below are the latest results (some with links to more details), followed by this week’s schedule.
On Tuesday, the ARHS Boys and Girls Outdoor Track teams won their meets at Shepherd Hill (111-34 and 88-52). On Saturday, each team came in 1st place in the District 1 Relay competition with 20 Boys teams and 15 Girls teams. (You can find more detailed results on the teams’ website.)
The school’s Girls Golf team (a co-op based in Westborough) won both games last week (over Quabbin 29-16 and Burncoat 43.5-10.5), extending their winning streak to 5. (Their first game of the season was the only one they’ve lost so far.)
Titans Lacrosse teams each scored more wins than losses last week. The Boys beat Westborough 18-12 and Shrewsbury 15-7, then lost to Dover-Sherborn 13-12. The Boys’ record now stands at 8-2. The MIAA Power Rankings released before Saturday’s loss put the team at #12 for Division 1.
Girls LAX lost to Shrewsbury 12-6, then beat Wachusett 24-12 and Acton-Boxborough 15-11. Their record is 9-2. Their #20 ranking for D1 was released before their latest win.
The Titans’ Girls Tennis team also improved its record despite an uneven week. They beat Nashoba 4-1, lost to Shrewsbury 3-2 and beat Shepherd Hill 5-0. They now stand at 5-2. MIAA ranked them #33 for D1 (before their latest win).
Boys Tennis beat Sutton 4-1 on Friday. But earlier in the week, they lost to Nashoba 3-2 and Shrewsbury 4-1. They now stand at 4-4. MIAA ranked the team #27 for D1 (prior to it’s latest win.)
Boys Volleyball added both a loss (0-3 against Acton-Boxborough) and win (3-1 over Wachusett) to update their record to 4-5. They are ranked #28 for D1.
Meanwhile, four Gonk teams extended their losing streaks. (For each of the following teams, the MIAA Power Rankings don’t incorporate their latest loss.)
Baseball lost to Wachusett 6-3 and Shepherd Hill 10-6. They are ranked #25 for D1 and their record is 3-7. Softball lost 16-2 to Fitchburg and 12-2 to Groton-Dunstable. They are ranked #57 for Division 2 and it’s record is 0-9.
Boys Rugby lost 38-7 to Belmont. Girls Rugby lost to Lincoln-Sudbury 0-32. The teams now stand at 0-3 and 1-2. MIAA ranked the teams #5 for D2 Boys and #2 for D1 Girls.
Now, here are the ARHS varsity games on tap for the week:
Monday, May 1, 2023
- 4:00 pm – Softball vs. Westborough @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis vs. Hopkinton @ Hopkinton
- 4:30 pm – Baseball vs. Lincoln-Sudbury @ Lincoln-Sudbury Reg
- 6:15 pm – Boys Volleyball vs. Leominster @ Leominster
Tuesday, May 2, 2023
- 3:30 pm – Girls Golf vs. Hopkinton @ Hopkinton Country Club
- 4:00 pm – Boys Lacrosse vs. Wachusett @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Girls Tennis vs. Quaboag @ Algonquin
- 4:30 pm – Girls Lacrosse vs. Bromfield @ Bromfield
- 4:45 pm – Boys Volleyball vs. Keefe Tech @ Keefe Technical High
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
- 3:30 pm – Girls Golf vs. Auburn @ Pakachoag Golf Course
- 4:00 pm – Baseball vs. Leominster @ Doyle Field
- 4:00 pm – Girls Outdoor Track vs. Westborough @ Westborough
- 4:00 pm – Boys Outdoor Track vs. Westborough @ Westborough
- 4:00 pm – Girls Tennis vs. Wachusett @ Wachusett Reg
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis vs. Wachusett @ Algonquin
- 5:30 pm – Girls Rugby vs. Needham @ Algonquin
- 5:30 pm – Softball vs. Marlborough High School @ Marlborough
Thursday, May 4, 2023
- 3:30 pm – Girls Golf vs. Burncoat @ Green Hill Golf Course
- 5:30 pm – Boys Rugby vs. Malden Catholic @ Algonquin
- 5:30 pm – Boys Volleyball vs. North Middlesex@ Algonquin
Friday, May 5, 2023
- 4:00 pm – Baseball vs. Westborough High School @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Softball vs. North Middlesex Regional @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Girls Tennis vs. Grafton @ Algonquin
- 4:00 pm – Boys Tennis vs. Grafton @ Grafton
Saturday, May 6, 2023
- 2:00 pm – Boys Lacrosse vs. Pinkerton Academy @ Pinkerton Academy
- 3:30 pm – Girls Lacrosse vs. Medway @ Medway High School
(To check for changes or find a complete schedule of Algonquin sports, including JV, freshmen, and unified match ups, click here. Follow these links for the Assabet sports schedule and the St. Mark’s sports schedule.)