Saturday, St. Anne’s Church parking lot will again host a special recycling event. While it’s not a church run fundraiser, the organizer makes a donation to the parish.
Here are the details on what items are accepted, and which are free or what fees are charged.
The event will run this Saturday, May 27th, 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. The organizer does not accept paint, pesticides, or hazardous materials.
Donations of old or new bicycles of any sort and size are encouraged for reuse. Mini bikes and mopeds are also accepted — even ones not in working condition. (If you are unable to bring a bike, you can arrange a time for them to swing by and pick it up.)
You can also recycle cables, keyboards, wires, cell phones, and car batteries for no fee.
You will have to pay to have the following items recycled:
- $5 charge for: computer tower, scanner, VCR, copiers, DVD player, stereo equipment, lighting, vacuum, answering machine, fax, speaker, CD player, circuit board, radio, modem, word processor, fan, video equipment, game console, Xbox, tape player, typewriter, and batteries from cars, boats, lawn mowers, and motorcycles
- $10 charge for: small microwaves, weight sets
- $15 charge for empty propane tanks, tables, and stuffed chairs
- $20 charge for: dishwasher, dryer, stoves, grills, large microwaves, dehumidifiers, mini fridges, lawn mowers, etc.
- $20-$40 charge for exercise equipment
- $25 charge for air conditioner
- $40 charge for large refrigerators and snow blowers
- $45 charged for couches
- $60 charge formattresses and box springs
- 18-26″ flat panel/monitors – $20
- 27-35″ flat panel/monitors – $25
- over 35″/projection tvs – $40
For other household items, you can reach out in advance to ask about the cost.
Anyone with questions should contact Dennis Wood at 508-277-7513 or email@example.com.