Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, August 12, 2013:
- Drop in Craft (10:00 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Stop by the Children’s Room anytime during the day and make a craft project to take home. A different craft will be featured each week. All ages welcome; no registration necessary.
- Meet the new Algonquin Athletic Director (6:00 – 7:30 pm) @ ARHS cafeteria. Karah Ellis, the new ARHS Athletic Director shared an invitation through the ARHS website to students, families and community members to come meet, talk, and provide feedback (and eat pizza). If you plan to meet her, please e-mail email@example.com.
Tuesday, August 13, 2013:
- Ping Pong (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Senior Center
Wednesday, August 14, 2013:
- Pool (9:30 – 10:30 am) @ Senior Center
Thursday, August 15, 2013:
- Wild About Reading (11:00 – 11:45 am) @ Southborough Library: Wrap up the Summer Reading Program with Jungle Jim’s Dig Into Reading show! Jungle Jim will explore dinosaurs, what’s underground, and more using balloons, magic, and comedy. All welcome, no registration necessary. Sponsored by Fay School.
- Off the Hook (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary Field: Part of the free concert series. Playing “Oldies and Classic Rock from the 60’s through today”.
- Congregation B’nai Shalom’s Open House (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ 117 East Main Street in Westborough: Meet, be greeted and have a nosh. Receive a guided tour of the facility; meet the Rabbi, staff, board and committee members. You will learn about the synagogue’s many programs and activities, including worship services, our early childhood program, religious school, adult education, and much more. For more information or to RSVP, call 508-366-7191 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, August 17, 2013:
- Bicycle recycle day (9:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ St. Anne’s Church: Put your old bicycle to good use. Bicycles collected will be donated and sold. Many of the mountain bikes will go to Ghana to be used as transportation. Some bikes will be donated to The Baptist Church in Worcester. A portion will be resold to cover expenses with some proceeds going to Saint Anne’s church. For more information, call Dennis at 508-277-7513 or e-mail email@example.com.
Community Theater this week:
- Company by Black Box Productions @ Small Performance Theater, Algonquin Regional High School – Performances Thursday – Saturday at 8:00 pm and Saturday at 2:00 pm.
- The Little Mermaid Jr. by Performing Arts Center of MetroWest @ Framingham State University – Performances Friday at 7:30 pm and Saturday at 2:00 pm.
Updated: Oops – Didn’t mean to imply by original headline that the community theater performances are free!