Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. For more details and the full list, check the Event Calendar.
Monday, October 7, 2013:
- Senior Center Social Luncheon (12:00 – 1:00 pm) @ Senior Center: Join them for lunch and conversation. Suggested donation of $5. (Note: They did ask for people to sign up by the Friday before. So if you didn’t, make sure to mark October 21st on your calendar and register in advance for the next luncheon, at which anyone born in October eats for free.)
Tuesday, October 8, 2013:
- Basic Rights in Special Education (10:00am – 12:00 pm) @ Northborough Public Library (34 Main St, Northborough): The workshop provides families with an introduction to their rights and responsibilities. (Note: They did ask for RSVPs by 10/1, so to find out if you can still attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Wednesday, October 9, 2013:
- Hearing Screening (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Senior Center please call 508-229-4453 for an appointment. If you wear a hearing aid, the screener will check your aid and change batteries.
- Senior Book Club (11:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: This month, the group will discuss Frances and Bernard by Carlene Bauer.
- Fruitland Museum art series @ the Senior Center: This week’s topic – the development of pastoral landscape painting in America. Lunch by Chef Du Jour. Register at the Senior Center desk to attend. (Suggested Donation: $6 for Friends/$10 for Non-Friends)
- Young Adult Book Club @ Southborough Public Library: This month, the group will discuss Sacrifice by Kathleen Brenner Duble. They will also be video chatting with the author, so bring your questions! (Pizza and soda are donated by the Southborough Dominos Pizza on Route 9.)
Thursday, October 10, 2013:
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Demystifying College Financial Aid (6:30 – 7:30 pm) @ Southborough Library: Learn how to simplify the college financial aid process and maximize the amount of aid for your child. Please register for the program at the front desk or by calling 508-485-5031.
Friday, October 11, 2013:
- Professional Development Day – no public school classes in Southborough
- Breakfast Club – The Art of Stone and Wood Sculpting (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Senior Center: Join us for a delicious breakfast and learn how John Del Rios creates a beautiful piece of art from a solid piece of stone. (Suggested donation $6 members, $10 non-members)
Saturday, October 12, 2013:
- Wicked Mud Run II @ Ski Ward, Shrewsbury: Founded and run by Southborough residents, The Wicked Mud Run series is timed 5k obstacle course. See post for more details.
Sunday, October 13, 2013:
- 15th Annual Light-Up Southborough (7:00 – 9:00 pm) @ Common Street’s stone wall around the cemetary: Lit pumpkin display running from next to the Southborough Library, up the road and turning onto St. Mark’s Street. Drop your carved pumpkins off in front of the library from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. (Sponsored by the Southborough Rotary Club)
Monday, October 14, 2013:
- Heritage Day – Click here for details.