November 23rd is shaping up to be a really busy day for Southborough! There seems to be something for everyone.
I already wrote about most of these events in more detail. You can link to those posts below.
- Blood Drive for the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Brigham and Women’s Hospital (8:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Town Hall/Pilgrim Church parking lot: Drive in support of resident Stephen Coldwell. Plan to spend an hour’s time. Drop-ins are permitted, but reservations are encouraged. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-709-5330. Please provide name, phone, email and preferred time.
- 4th Annual Dodgeball Tournament (9:00 am – 6:30 pm) @ Algonquin Regional High School gym: Tournament for 1st-8th graders. Fundraiser for ARHS Hockey. Email questions to email@example.com
- Holiday Gifts on the Common (9:00 am – 3:00 pm) @ Community House: Booths and tables of local artisans selling their handcrafted wares: baskets, knits, glass, jewelry, quilts and more. Artists include painters, quilters, jewelry makers, knitters and even a glassblower. Entrance is free. (Look for some hometown talent, including residents Betsy Rosenbloom, Marlene Calkins, Judy Badavas and your favorite former-blogger Susan Fitzgerald.)
- Senior Center Autumn Fair (9:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Southborough Senior Center: Fundraising sale for the Friends of the Council on Aging. Bake sale, raffle and sale of donated goods like jewelry and hand knitted hats, mittens, & scarves
- Sir George and the Dragon Puppet Show (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Road: Children can join an adventurous princess as she journeys to Mystery Mountain to visit the Great Green Dragon. (Complimentary snack to follow.) The event is free, but space is limited, so please register online (www.fayschool.org/saturdays).
- Steeple Coffeehouse (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church’s Fellowship Hall, 15 Common Street: Headline performance by Barbara Kessler. Jennifer Tifft will open. Tickets can be purchased online in advance for $15 ($12 for students and Seniors). Doors open at 7:00 pm, with tickets sold for $17 (or $15 for students and seniors). For more details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org or call 508-281-9995.
For a look at future dates, check the Event Calendar.